01

"It's been a long day." Mark sighed out as he grabbed his stuff.

It had finally been the end of the shift and Mark was in the staff area, grabbing his things to go home.

"Tell me about it." His coworker said before the door opened, revealing an evidently tired Nara.

"How was your first day?" Mark hesitantly asked the girl as soon as his coworker left.

"Very... tiring. Customers are stressful too." Nara said and Mark chuckled a bit, nodding his head in agreement.

"You'll get used to it eventually." Mark said.

"Hopefully you're right. I'll see you around." Nara said and noticed the tattoo on the back of neck.

"And nice tattoo. Don't know how I didn't see it earlier." Nara said before leaving the room.

Mark's eyes widened at her words. He never had a tattoo.

Mark quickly gathered his things and ran to his car, shouting goodbyes to his coworkers as he left.

He got in his car and began driving, exiting the parking lot and making his way to his friend's home, the words of the tattoo entering his mind every minute.

Mark pulled into the driveway of the home, quickly parking and running to the door with evident worry on his face. He knocked and knocked endlessly, awaiting for someone to answer the door.

After a minute, the door was finally answered and revealed Jeno holding a very excited Sunhi.

"Mark? What's wrong? You look out of it." Jeno asked.

"I needa talk to you and Kyungmi." He said and with that, Jeno let Mark in the house and led him to the couch. Jeno then called Kyungmi down so they could all talk.

"Mark? What's wrong?" Kyungmi asked the boy who was clearly in a state of panic.

"I've never- Do you-"

"Mark, calm down." Jeno said to his friend, patting his back.

Mark took in a deep breath, attempting to relax himself before finally speaking.

"Do you guys.. see a tattoo anywhere on me? On my back or somewhere?" Mark asked and the couple looked at each other, slightly confused but still searched.

Jeno walked behind the boy while Kyungmi examined the front.

As soon as Jeno walked behind, his eyes widened as the first thing he saw was a pair of angel wings on the back of his neck.

"Definitely a tattoo." Jeno said and Mark fell to his knees, in a state of shock.

Kyungmi went to Jeno and confirmed the tattoo.

"It's cute. How much did it cost you?" Kyungmi asked.

"I never got a tattoo!" Mark exclaimed causing Kyungmi and Jeno to become wide eyed.

"So you're saying.."

"You have a soulmate?!"

Nara entered her house, the scent of food in the air.

"Nara honey, is that you?" A woman's voice shouted.

"Yeah!" She said in response, tying her hair into a ponytail before walking into the kitchen where a middle aged woman cooked.

"What're you making?" Nara asked as she stood next to the woman, watching her cook.

"Your favorite, bulgogi!" She exclaimed and Nara clapped her hands happily.

"What's the special occasion?" Nara asked as she gave a quick hug to the woman.

"Nothing really. Just got a hunch that something special would happen today so I decided to give my daughter a special treat." The woman, now known as Nara's mom, said with a smile.

"Well, I'm glad you had that hunch." Nara said before turning her back to her to get some grapes from the fridge.

When Nara turned, her ponytail moved, exposing the back of her neck which held a familiar tattoo.

Nara's mother caught a glimpse and gasped, causing Nara to get confused.

"What's wrong?" She asked her mother.

"Have you always had a tattoo? Why did you never tell me!" Her mother said and at that, Nara's eyes widened as well.

"I never got a tattoo." Nara announced and her mother furrowed her brows.

"But.. What do you mean? It's right there!" She said, moving her ponytail out of the way and revealing the tattoo on the back of her daughter's neck. It was a set of angel wings.

"Mom... I never got a tattoo." Nara said and realization hit the two of them.

"Nara, do you think—"

"I have a soulmate..." She muttered, the words not sounding like a reality.

"Mom! I have a soulmate!!"

The two jumped with glee, excitement and adrenaline rushing through their veins.

"How? When?" Her mother asked and Nara shrugged.

"I have no clue. That must've been the pain I felt this morning." Nara said as she realized what the feeling was.

"I just wonder who it was." She said, recalling the fact that she greeted everyone.

"You'll find out soon. I'm just so happy! I knew it was a good day to follow my hunch." Nara's mom said, laughing with her daughter and served them both some food.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"We're so amazing. We're literally the reason she's getting her favorite meal."

"You have such a high ego for no reason."

"Let the boy live."