02

Mark laid in bed, his eyes staring at the ceiling. His hair was a mess as a result from the tossing and turning and his eye bags were very prominent.

Mark had a restless night. He couldn't sleep as all that was in his mind was his soulmate and what they would be forced to take care of.

Soulmates weren't a new thing to Mark. Four of his friends had their own experiences with soulmates and Mark was a witness to the chaos and stress it creates and the stress with his own was already starting to get to him without even knowing who it was.

He didn't want to get out of bed. He was completely in a state of shock still which was quite surprising for him. He did wanna meet his soulmate but he was also freaking out, fearing that his soulmate would have problems just like his friends' soulmates did.

Snapping him out of his thoughts, the alarm clock blared it's noise, reminding Mark that he failed to sleep that night and still had a day job to go to in the morning.

Groaning in annoyance, Mark got up from bed, evidently tired but his body saying otherwise. Although he was still completely energized and felt fine, Mark wanted to call in sick from work to just have the day for himself and figure out a way to come to terms with the entire soulmate situation.

Mark got out of bed thinking about grabbing his phone and calling his manager. He was trying to think of excuses in his head as he made his way down the stairs, wanting a snack for breakfast.

Mark grabbed a muffin, something nice for his stomach and took a bite as his finger hovered over the contact for his manager. His manager was a nice guy but taking days off was a struggle as the store he worked in always had a bunch of customers and having one employee not go would be a nightmare.

As soon as he finished muffin, Mark gathered the courage to finally press the contact and call his manager.

The line rang twice before it was finally picked up and on the other side, he heard the voice of his manager talking to a few employees before finally talking to Mark.

"Hey Mark. What's up?" His manager asked in a nonchalant way. The two were close so being formal wasn't a requirement for them. However, Mark was still nervous to ask in the first place so his mind immediately went to being formal.

"Hey. I was wondering if I could have the day off?" Mark said, squeaking out the last part.

There was silence on the other line and a restless Mark stood up to go outside, wanting to at least get a relaxing smell of the fresh air before he possibly got yelled at by his boss.

"Mark! Black Friday is approaching and you're asking for a day off?! You know this is the most hectic time of the year for us! You better have a damn good reason to take the day off." His manager said, awaiting Mark's response.

Right when his manager mentioned needing a good reason, Mark opened the door and saw a little girl, no older than 3, with pigtails and a fluffy coat on standing outside his home. On the back of her neck was the same pair of angel wings he had on his own neck and she turned around gave him the most adorable eye smile as she waved at the petrified Mark.

"I sure as hell have one now."

Nara stood at the door of her house, being pampered with love from her mother which was quite unusual for her to do.

"Mom, I swear I will try to find my soulmate but you have to let me go to work! I can't be late on my second day of the job." Nara told her mother who finally stopped fixing up Nara's hair.

"Okay okay. Just make sure to tell me all the details! And have a good day at work, dear." Her mother told Nara before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and letting her off to go to work.

Nara entered her car and began the drive to her job. On the way, she saw someone who looked very familiar holding a little girl in his arms, clearly in a state of shock.

After looking a bit more, Nara came to realize that the boy was Mark and she became surprised.

"Never knew he was a family man." She muttered as she drove past the house, shrugging off anything and failing to notice the slight tingle on the back of her neck when she passed his house.

Mark, on the other hand, was quick to notice the tingle and became even more shocked.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, grabbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

Mark had just gotten off the phone with his manager, explaining the situation and his manager thankfully let him take the day off to try and figure things out.

"Whatever. You are coming with me and we are going to say hi to some really good friends of mine." Mark said, quickly getting along with the toddler girl in his arms.

Mark made his way to the car, realizing he had no car seat for the girl and was now stressing once again.

"Dude, they should really give me something to prepare with." Mark muttered as he placed the girl down, not knowing where to start now.

Mark looked at his car and back at the sidewalk, wondering which route to take to get to at least one of his friend's homes.

"This is gonna be so difficult."

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"THAT BABY IS SO CUTE!" One of the people exclaimed, eyes filled with adoration towards the child Mark held.

"Well it's Mark and Nara's child, of course it's gonna be cute."

"The readers don't know how Nara looks—"

"Readers? What the fuck is he talking about."

"There's a fourth wall that he enjoyed breaking. Please ignore him."