18

The Christmas lights was more than a fun time for the group. The only bad thing was Renjun complaining about the cold air so their trip did not last long.

While they were there, Nara couldn't help but stare at Mark the entire time. As Kara walked around with Kyungsan and Sunhi, Nara kept her eyes on Mark. He looked so ethereal under the lights, so unreal.

Kara kept looking up at her parents, a wide smile on her face as she realized that not only Nara kept looking at Mark, but Mark was also staring at Nara when she wasn't looking. It was so obvious that the two had a deep attraction to each other and Kara was glad that her parents were making some kind of progress. Kara looked over at Kyungsan and Sunhi, high-fiving them both at the sights.

However, nothing more than a few hand kisses and simple arm-around-the-shoulder moves happened that night but it was better than nothing.

With that, the trip ended and everyone went home.

A week went by after their fun day, not much progress happening once again and Jaemin babysitting Kara as Mark and Nara went to work.

However, on this particular day, Mark was the only one who went to work while Nara stayed home, taking care of Kara and thinking of what to do.

Nara knew that Mark's hours became shorter and knew he would get home in a mere few hours and she wanted to take that chance to finally talk to one of their friends like Chenle had said.

And so, Nara decided to call Yunhee over, realizing and seeing how much more affectionate she was with Haechan. Of course, all the other soulmates were close and most definitely affectionate with each other, but it never amounted to how Haechan and Yunhee were.

So now, Yunhee and Nara sat in the living room, drinking coffee while Kar and Kyungsan played with the toys that Kara had.

"So, what's up?" Yunhee asked Nara, a little curious as to the sudden meeting.

"I have a question." Nara announced and Yunhee nodded, motioning her to continue on with the question. "Did you ever get some weird urges to be affectionate with Haechan even when you didn't want to?"

At that question, Yunhee rapidly nodded her head, placing down the coffee immediately when she heard it.

"I got those urges probably on the first day of us being together and Haechan did within a mere few days. But, during all that time, we were in a horrible argument. There was some horrible stuff that happened yet somehow, even with the horrible time we were having, we both felt sparks and urges. While Haechan was mad at me, he felt this extreme pain and so did I because of the fact that we weren't getting close and not giving each other any kind of affection. The urges and feelings you get is called the soulmate effect. You two were assigned together, destined to fall in love. Those urges is the universe trying to get you two to fall in love faster. It's completely normal and I'm letting you know now, you probably shouldn't ignore those feelings. When you ignore it, it becomes unbearable. You and Mark seem to be going at a good pace but just remember to do your best to not ignore those feelings. They will really help you guys make even more progress." Yunhee said to Nara, noticing how she took in every word she said.

"So, these feelings are normal and we should basically go with it?" Nara asked for clarification and Yunhee nodded, feeling proud of herself for helping out her new friend.

"Thank you, Yunhee. I really appreciate it." Nara said, going to give a hug to Yunhee which she gladly accepted.

"Always happy to help. I'm glad we can form a bond." Yunhee said and Nara smiled as she released from the hug, nodding as well.

"I am, too. By the way, how do you know about our pace? Chenle brought it up before too." Nara said and Yunhee widened her eyes just like the two boys had done the week before.

"Um- It's just easy to see from how you guys interacted last week! Yeah!" Yunhee said, a bit happy from her response but Nara still had some kind of suspicion and Yunhee felt it.

As if on cue, her phone began to ring and on the screen, Haechan's name appeared. Yunhee motioned a finger at Nara, telling her to wait a second as she answered the phone.

After a short conversation, Yunhee finally hung up the phone and looked at Nara.

"It was Haechan. Guess he got out of work on early leave for Christmas break and he wants me home to binge watch some show he likes so he told me he's on his way and should be here pretty soon." Yunhee said, laughing a bit at the end with Nara when a sudden horn honked outside. "Guess he really meant it when he said soon."

"Well thank you for coming here in the first place and thank you for telling me about the soulmate effect." Nara said, giving Yunhee one last hug before Yunhee picked up Kyungsan.

"Of course. Remember that you can always talk to me or any of the other girls or boys. We're all friends now and are so much more than willing to help. You can talk to any of us." Yunhee said and Nara felt an overwhelming happiness, wanting to cry but held it in.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate it." Nara said and with that, the two bid each other goodbye as well as the toddlers saying their goodbyes to each other as well.

So now, Nara sat in the living room, finally allowing herself to cry from happiness.

Kara was confused, not feeling any sense of sadness but couldn't comprehend why Nara was crying and not knowing what to do, she simply went up to hug her.

The two were completely unaware of the time and before they knew it, Mark came home and immediately caught sight of Nara crying and panicked.

"Is everything okay?" Mark asked, rushing over to the couch as Kara climbed off her mom's lap to allow Mark to take over the consoling.

"Hon, are you okay?" Mark asked before kissing her forehead, the new nickname slipping out unconsciously and Nara noticed but didn't say anything. Instead, she nodded, hugging Mark as she sniffled, her tears stopping.

"Everything's perfectly fine. I'm far beyond happy with everything." She said, giving Mark a smile before placing a soft kiss on his cheek which Kara squealed at.

"Everything's perfect."