24

"Nara! It's a pleasure to see you come into my office." The manager said as soon as the door opened and revealed Nara with Junghwan.

Nara bowed immediately, hoping that showing excess respect will make him not fire her even though he really had no reason to.

"Please, have a seat." The manager said, making Junghwan walk Nara over to the seat in front of him.

"You can leave now, Junghwan." The manager then told him Junghwan, making his gasp in disbelief.

"But I was the one who told you! I was the one who gave you the information!" Junghwan retaliated, already losing his cool with his own uncle.

"You did and I thank you for bringing it to my knowledge. But now I have to talk with Nara about the situation. It doesn't concern you anymore so you need to leave." His uncle said, voice still calm which irritated Junghwan even more.

After about a minute of yelling and being stubborn, Junghwan finally left the room, leaving Nara there with the manager.

Nara felt a bit scared in all honesty. She was aware of the fact that she might not be fired but the thought of it even happening scared her. Of course, there were definitely other jobs out there but why would they want to hire someone who had been fired only after 2 and a half weeks of working? The other places would only possibly assume something bad of her.

"So, it's been brought to my attention that you have an open relationship with one of the employees." The manager began, looking at Nara and her clear state of nervousness.

"Well-"

"Dating a coworker isn't allowed, Nara. It interferes with the work and eventually causes problems for not only you two but for everyone."

"It really isn't-"

"You have a choice. Break up with Mark or you get fired." The manager said, not letting Nara speak once over his booming and professional voice.

"Look, I know it's usually a bad thing for coworkers go date but it's really not that simple. I cant just up and leave Mark-"

"So you're not breaking up with him?"

"No, but it really isn't that simple-"

"Go ahead and pack your things and leave the building. You're fired."

Nara looked at the manager in disbelief. He didn't let her speak or explain the situation once and it brought a fury in her.

Without a word, Nara got up, rolling her eyes and making her way to the door. That was when realization hit her; she knew she couldn't just back down like that without an explanation.

"No, I'm not leaving." Nara said, turning around and walking back to the managers desk, slamming her hands on the table. "It's not fair."

"What's not fair?" The manager asked, challenging the girl and still believing that she was just a hopeless romantic trying to stay with a boyfriend.

"You can't fire me based on your nephew's feelings!"

"But it wasn't just Junghwan's feelings. It's about the fact that you two are dating!"

"That's the thing! Mark and I don't have a choice."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Mark is my soulmate damn it!"

At those words, the manager became silenced and watched as Nara turned around, lifting her hair as she showed the tattoo.

"I wasn't looking for a relationship but I met Mark and the day after I started working here, we found out we were soulmates." Nara said, starting her ramble as the manager just sat there, listening and trying to remember rules and laws.