12

Mark finished work earlier than Nara just like he told her.

Instead of immediately leaving, he went around the entire store, looking for her to keep her company. He knew that since she was new, she would probably be nervous and not exactly know what to do.

After searching every department in the store, he was finally able to find her near the baby section, putting away new baby clothes. He smiled a bit, finding it a bit funny how she was put in the baby department while also recently becoming a mother.

From his angle, she looked uninterested, however he failed to notice her lips moving as she talked.

As he approached, he saw her eyes squint and as she turned her head to the side and realized that she was making conversation with someone, that someone being the same guy that had called Nara pretty right to him.

Mark couldn't help but feel a slight spark of jealousy, which honestly surprised him. He had only knew the girl for a mere 3 days now and knew that it was impossible to gain feelings. At least, that's what he thought since he had no clue of the soulmate effect which was the reason he was feeling his emotions and controlling his actions towards her.

To make matters worse in his own eyes, Nara had medium length hair in a low ponytail which covered up her soulmate tattoo really well. That almost gave anyone the idea that she was available, when she wasnt.

Nara felt the same twinge inside her, not understanding why. Curious, she began looking around and her eyes landed in Mark who didn't seem happy.

Nara didn't understand his face so she called him over with a smile, hoping that she was just over thinking. Maybe it was just the way his face rested.

"Hey Mark." Nara said, giving him a genuine smile which he returned.

"I was gonna wait for you to get out and was gonna keep you company." Mark said, his voice in a slight whisper as to not get his coworker to hear him.

"Really? That's sweet of you." Nara said, a smile on her face which made Mark smile shyly once again.

Suddenly, the person on the side cleared his throat, catching the couple's attention.

"Hey Mark." The coworker finally said, his lips then pressing into a thin line as if he felt awkward standing there.

"Yo." Was all Mark said before averting his conversation back to Nara.

"So when do you get off?" He asked her, checking his watch to keep track of time.

"I should get off in about an hour and a half." Nara replied, knowing she had already been working for about 5 hours now.

"Do you wanna wait that long?" She asked Mark who seemed to be thinking.

It would be a while for her to work, he could admit and he could use that time to ask his friend his sudden feelings.

"I wanted to keep you company." Mark said, still trying to decide what he wanted to do.

"No worries, Mark. I'll keep her company." The coworker said, slumping his elbow on Nara's shoulder which clearly took her by surprise and made her uncomfortable.

Mark was clearly trying to hold in some kind of anger at the sight and was now sure of his decision to wait.

Instead of staying silent, Nara, awkwardly took her coworker's elbow off of her.

"Not on that level." Nara said as she took his elbow off, which made Mark more than glad and reconsider staying.

"If you're willing to wait, I'll be more than happy to have you stay here with me." Nara said and Mark nodded.

"I think I should help you out around her. Hopefully then they could let you out earlier." Mark told her and Nara gave him a thumbs up.

"That would be nice. You can go back to your own department now, Junghwan." Nara said and the coworker, now known as Junghwan, gave a fake smile.

"It was nice talking to you, Nara." He said, waving a bit as he slowly walked away.

"I'll go let the manager know about me helping you." Mark said and Nara nodded before she went back to work and he walked away, going on his way to the manager's office.

"Yo Mark!" A voice suddenly called out to him and Mark knew for a fact that it was Junghwan.

"What's up?" He asked nonchalantly, as if he didn't notice that Junghwan gave him an evil eye the entire time talking to Nara.

"You know that chick back there?"

"Her name is Nara." Mark immediately said, not accepting him as only calling his soulmate a 'chick'.

"Whatever. Anyways, I saw the way you were looking at her." Junghwan said and Mark raised a brow, acting as if he didn't know what he was talking about.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I definitely saw you going all googly-eyed at her.
" Mark said nonchalantly.

"It's not about me right now. I saw how you looked at her and how you talked to her. Dude, just remember, you can't fall in love with your coworker."

At that, Mark raised a brow, a little shocked at the suddenness.

"I think I'll be fine. Matter of fact, remind yourself of that little rule that you made up. I'll see you later."

Mark then walked away, leaving Junghwan in shock. Mark was never known to give some type of attitude to anyone. He was always sweet and still was, it's just that Junghwan was trying to make moves on his soulmate and he knew it. He wasn't okay with it.

Mark sighed as he reached the managers office, his body releasing the tension before finally asking the manager to help Nara out to help her get out faster.

Thankfully, the manager agreed and Mark returned to Nara, helping her around the department while making jokes and getting along. The two felt happy, and their smiles only confirmed it as they were genuine and they could both tell.

From time to time, their tattoos glowed from the interactions, the soulmate effect hitting the both of them hard and honestly, although they had no clue what it was, they were both okay with the sudden rushes of emotions.

——————————————————————————
hi !! sorry for not updating yesterday, there was just so much drama going on in my life regarding my ex, his ex and it was just so much to deal with so i wasn't able to update but now i did!!

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to the rest of the story!!