21

After a few hours of working, Mark and Nara finally got the opportunity to go home. Since all the staff were now aware of their relationship, they no longer had to keep it a secret and were finally able to walk together while holding hands to the car.

"I'm so ready for tonight!" Mark exclaimed once he got in the car, clearly excited to be able to be with his friends after a week.

"I can tell. You've been so upbeat all day." Nara said, grabbing a hold of his hand as a new habit and smiling at the pure joy in Mark's face. "Just try not to speed and get us pulled over."

Mark laughed a bit at the comment before starting the car, driving while loudly singing the Justin Bieber songs that had come one. Nara laughed at the loudness of it all and pulled out her phone, recording him as he sang and drove.

The two had first went to pick up Kara, their joyful mood not dying down and Kara even mumbling a few lyrics to the songs with Mark. As it turned out, the days Mark had off, he used them to play Justin Bieber loudly in the house and sang to the songs as he took care of Kara.

"Got two Beliebers with me." Nara said, wide smile on her face as she saw the two pour their hearts out as they sang.

"It runs in the family." Mark replied as he parked the car, then turning off the engine.

The couple got out first before Nara grabbed Kara from the backseat and the three made their way inside so Nara could start preparing the food.

Once inside, Nara wasted no time in handing Kara to Mark and going to the kitchen, hoping to get the food done first rather than get herself comfortable. She wanted everything to be amazing for their friends.

As she cooked, Mark watched with Kara in his arms, the two in awe that she could make something as simple as fried eggs.

Mark walked into the kitchen, seeing how focused Nara was and looked around, loving the assortment of food that she was picking to make.

"Do you need any help?" Mark asked Nara who was now heating up the stove, readying to cook a big meal. Mark's and Kara's mouths began salivating at the smell of the food's aroma in the air and Mark had to try his best to act as if he wasn't about to melt from the delicious smells.

"Ummm I think I got it here. It isn't that hard to make the food." Nara said, giving Mark and Kara quick kisses on their cheeks. "Thank you for offering. You two should get ready."

Mark nodded, feeling his heart race. It was odd, everytime she was affectionate with him, his heart raced like crazy even though the actions happen way more often. She somehow still had the same effect as when he first started feeling his feelings for her.

Kara internally screamed at the sight, extremely happy that her parents were getting along well. She was still pissed that they wouldn't kiss lip-to-lip but their constant small acts of affection completely made up for it and she felt as if she was doing a good job as a soulmate toddler.

And so, Mark went to the bedroom with Kara, placing her on the bed before going to the drawers and searching for clothes for her.

Eventually, he found a nice black and red dress with some black socks and placed them on the bed right next to Kara.

"Okay now... change! I'll look away." Mark said, turning his back and failed to notice how Kara's eyebrows furrowed.

"Uh.. Daddy?" She began, making Mark turn back around.

"What's wrong?" He asked, not understanding why she called him and why she hadn't bothered to even touch the clothes.

"I cant dress myself." She told him and Mark froze, realizing what it meant and began freaking out.

He paced around the room while Kara watched him, confused as to what the problem was when all she did was ask for help getting dressed.

"This is so awkward." He muttered and stood up straight once he finally got an idea.

"Let's go ask your momma for help." Mark said, lifting up Kara and once again heading out to the kitchen where Nara continued cooking.

"Hey babe." Mark began, earning a hum from Nara as she quickly glanced at them.

"What's up?" She asked, her attention back on her cooking but still communicating with her soulmate and child.

"So... I didn't know Kara would need help getting dressed and K was wondering if you could help?" Mark asked, a bit embarrassed which made Nara sigh, shaking her head.

"I cant really help. I gotta keep an eye on the food," Nara replied, mixing ingredients as the stove cooked food as well. "You're gonna have to help her, Mark. She's your daughter anyways and still very much like a baby. You got this!" Nara said, cheering Mark on as he sighed, already accepting his defeat as he saw how stressed Nara was already and not wanting to stress her out even more.

Once Mark entered the room, he once again placed Kara on the bed, sitting her down and looking at the dress and back at her.

"I got this." He muttered, then motioning for his daughter to lift her arms up.

As Mark dressed her, he made sure to keep his eyes closed for the majority of the time, wanting to respect her privacy and feeling a bit uncomfortable if he looked.

"Being a dad is hard." He muttered, finally getting Kara's dress on her and cheered once he did.

"I'm the best!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down which made Kara giggle, laughing at her dad's antics.

Mark then put on Kara's socks and shoes, feeling very accomplished before he went into the closet, picking out clothes for himself and getting dressed in there for his own privacy, leaving Kara on the bed.

Once done, he finally left the closet and went to pick up Kara, taking her to the kitchen to show off how amazing he did.

When they walked in, Nara gasped at their sight, a heartwarming smile appearing on her face as she saw how adorable her soulmate and daughter were.

"You guys look great!" Nara exclaimed, clapping a bit as Mark bowed jokingly.

"Thank you, thank you. Managed to get me and our kid dressed. Am I amazing or what?" Mark asked, doing a small spin for Nara with Kara in his arms, once again making her laugh.

"Very impressive, Mr.Lee." Nara said, smiling at them.

"I should be done with this food pretty soon and then your friends should be getting here in a few minutes." Nara said, continuing with the cooking. So far, they already had a vast amount of food ready and we're only missing a few side dishes and were waiting for the rice to be ready.

"It all looks so delicious." Mark said, stopping Nara for a second to give her a quick kiss on her head.

"Thank you. You guys can go relax. I'm almost done here." She said and Mark nodded, exiting the kitchen and making his way to the living room.

"This is gonna be the best Christmas ever."

——————————————————————————
this is part 1 of 2 of the (late) christmas special

maybe prepare yourselves for the next chapter. something special might be happening 👀

and also merry late christmas! joyous kwanza! happy (extremely late) hanukkah and so on !! just in general, happy holidays!!! i hope you guys are/were able to spend them with the ones you love and had a good time.

lots of love,
t <3