09

The day had passed on quickly, the darkness of the sky suddenly coming forth as the small family returned from shopping.

"Who knew a kid would need this much stuff?" Mark grunted out as he placed a box that contained a high chair on the ground.

"First day and we're already struggling as parents." Nara added, placing down the hefty bags they bought. "At least we had an employee discount."

"Always gotta thank them for that." Mark said with a small laugh.

"That's a lot of stuff." Kara babbled out as she walked around the bags, inspecting them in search of her snacks.

"All for you, kid." Mark sighed out.

Kara continued walking around the bags, a pout starting to form on her face as she realized she couldn't find what she was looking for.

"Mommy, where are the snacks?" Kara asked, spacing out her words to make sure she got them correct while pointing to the pile of bags on the floor.

"They're somewhere in the bags, but you can't eat them right now. It's late which means bedtime for you while Mark and I talk about what we're going to do tomorrow." Nara said in a sweet voice, wanting to make it seem as if she wasn't stressing about the next day.

Kara pouted but instead of protesting, she nodded and held her arms out for someone to carry her.

"Should we wait to set up her bed or should we-'

Nara didn't even get to finish her sentence before Kara started shaking her head in protest and was on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

"What's wrong?" Nara asked the toddler as she bounced her up and down in her arms.

"No other bed. I want to sleep with you two." Kara told her mom, placing her head on Nara's shoulder as her eyes glistened from the tears that were starting to form.

Nara looked at Mark, the both of them having wide eyes at the sudden exclaims of the toddler. The two weren't even sure how they were going to have their sleeping arranged but now, it seemed that Kara had everything planned.

"B-but Kara, the bed will be all for yourself. You can have your own-"

Once again, Mark was cut off by Kara starting to whine, her feelings as well as her tiredness clearly making her grouchy.

Right before she was about to throw another tantrum, Mark immediately stopped her in a panic.

"Okay you can sleep with us!" Mark exclaimed without thinking, succeeding in stopping her cries but now creating a new situation, one which Nara was now freaking out at as well.

"Thank you." Kara muttered, her head still resting on Nara's shoulder and her exhaustion appearing on her face.

"I guess I'll get her dressed for bed then." Nara said, her eyes still wide but trying her hardest to keep her cool before grabbing one of the pajama sets and heading to the living room, feeling it would be a bit rude to intrude into Mark's room.

Mark stood frozen, not believing the new situation he would have to deal with. It was all moving a bit too fast, with their first day of being soulmates barely ending and already possibly having to sleep in the same bed together.

Mark had no clue how long her stood in his shock until Nara finally came back to the entry area, Kara in her arms and now in her pajamas.

"She's ready." Nara told him, gulping down the lump in her throat and getting her soulmate's attention.

"Oh!" Mark exclaimed, snapping out of his thoughts, "The bedroom is this way."

Mark led her through the house to the bedroom, Kara dozing in and out of her sleep as she forced herself awake to see her parents get into bed with her.

Once they reached the bedroom, Nara gently placed Kara onto the soft bed, the toddler immediately feeling herself fall asleep.

"So... what now?" Nara asked, patting down her clothes which were still work clothes.

"My friend, uh, Jeno, said that when he had Sunhi, she would scream until they got into bed together. Haechan said that Kyungsan would also make him and Yunhee sleep in the bed with him so I'm guessing we would have to do the same or else she'll be a pain in our asses." Mark said, recalling what their friends told them earlier and Nara nodded.

"Let me get some clothes to get into bed, then." Nara said, giving Mark a subtle smile before she exited the room and went to go to the boxes in the living room to grab clothes.

Mark let out a sigh, a hand running through his hair as he glanced over at Kara who slept soundly.

"I hope this won't be so damn awkward much longer." He muttered before walking to his closet, pulling out some pajamas and quickly changing into them before Nara could return.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the bedroom door, making Mark let out a simple "You can come in."

Nara opened the door a bit, her head peeking through to confirm that everything was fine.

"I hope you don't mind that I used your bathroom to change and to brush my teeth." Nara sheepishly said, a nervous giggle escaping her lips.

Mark laughed a bit at her expression as he shook his head.

"It's all good. There's no problem." Mark said. "I'm gonna brush my teeth real quick so you can get yourself comfortable." Mark continued, trying to act cool to hide the fact that he was nervous as hell.

Nara nodded as she watched Mark walk out of the bedroom before hesitantly laying on the bed right next to Kara who slept soundly.

Nara admired her daughter's delicate features, her cheeks a rosy shade and very soft and full. Her mouth was open a bit as little snores came from her. Her long lashes were laying prettily and it was then that the reality once again hit Nara.

A small smile appeared on her face, thinking about a picturesque life in the future with her family.

As the images appeared in her head, she started to fall asleep, following Kara to the dream world and finally, she was asleep.

Not too long after, Mark once again entered the room, a bit shocked at the sight before finally smiling. It warmed his heart to see his two new focuses in life.

Mark went to turn off the lamp before getting into bed with the two, a warm feeling rushing through his body as the markings on them all illuminated before eventually, he fell asleep too.

——————————————————————————
i might accidentally make this book longer than the other soulmate stories so i hope you guys don't mind