28

"Mark, I love you."

"I love you too, Nara."

Just then, a bright light engulfed the room, blind Nara and Mark and separating them from their intimate moment.

A fog entered the room and when the light disappeared, a group of unfamiliar people appeared in the living room which more than startled the soulmates on the couch.

They jumped up and went behind the couch.

"Hola bitchachos!" One of the people said, arms waving in the air but all Mark did was watch as one of them walked towards the bedroom.

"Woah woah get the hell away from there!" Mark said, running to go tackle the guy as he remembered Kara was in the room, but was interrupted by the voice of one of his friends.

"I don't think you should do that Markie Mark. He's just gonna bring Kara over." The voice, who turned out to be Haechan, said and it definitely shocked the soulmates.

"Haechan? Who the hell are these people?" Mark exclaimed, motioning to the giant group that stood in their living room, his eyes still on the one who was trying to get Kara.

"Oh shit that's what we forgot to do." Another said making one of the people who stood at the side slap their forehead.

"We're your soulmate fairies!" He exclaimed happily but noticing the lack of reaction from them, his expression dropped as he moved out of the way. "And these are your friends blah blah."

There stood Chenle, Jisung, Yunhee, Jaemin, Jeno, Kyungmi, Jiyeon, Sooyeon and Renjun. And off to the side stood Haechan with a smile.

"The hell is going on?" Nara asked, clearly startled by everything.

"Okay so you guys were assigned by the universe, right?"

"Right."

"And you guys got a kid out of nowhere without a choice, right?"

"Right."

"And her job is to bring you guys closer and make you guys fall in love, right?"

"Get on with it!"

The crowd look at Mark, a bit startled by his loud voice. Mark yelling was not something they were used to.

"You guys said you loved each other and that means Kara's work is done hence why we are here." Someone said, taking over from the first guy who spoke.

"Who is 'we'?" Nara asked as there was still a huge bunch of people in her living room.

"Allow me to introduce us all. I'm YangYang," the guy who first spoke when they arrived said, "That's Hendery, Kun, Xiaojun, Ten, Yuta, WinWin, Sungchan, Shotaro, Jungwoo, Taeil and last but not least, Johnny!"

"And of course you guys know your friends." Hendery said as he motioned over to the group who waved.

"Hey! Aren't you that lawyer guy?" Nara asked as pointed to Johnny which confused Mark.

"Lawyer guy?"

"Yeah! He came up to me after my meeting with the manager and said he was gonna help me if I got fired." Nara explained to Mark and he widened his eyes.

"I am lawyer guy." Johnny said proudly, thinking about how good he looked in a suit.

"Wait so you're saying you could come down all this time? Why didnt you guys come when we needed yall?" Haechan asked them and all of his friends agreed (except for Jisung and Chenle who had no clue as to what was they were talking about).

"To be honest, we only barely found out we could do this. We had no clue we were able to back then." Sungchan admitted with a shrug.

"Okay, nice to meet you all, but what is going on and why did my friends come here with you?" Nara asked, trying not to lose her cool. That's when Hendery snapped and allowed Shotaro to go get Kara from the room.

"You said your 'I love you's, so that means Kara's work is done. We're here for the last decision." Taeil said as he took Kara from Shotaro, cooing at the toddler who smiled as she recognized them.

"Would you guys like to keep Kara or give her up?" Jungwoo asked and Mark and Nara looked at each other, knowing exactly what they wanted.

"We're keeping her. I mean, she brought us together. We're already attached to her. No way we can give her up if we don't even know what can happen to her." Mark said, taking Kara back from Taeil as she cheered.

"Good choice cause we don't know what happens either."

"WHAT?!"

"Kidding. We had one come once before and she's just living life away from them. She's being trained to be a soulmate fairy one day." Johnny said and smiled as he recalled the little girl who would work with him.

"Well, we're still keeping her." Nara said and they nodded.

"I guess that's it for us. Any questions?"

Right when Mark and Nara were about to ask, their friends all stepped in and told them the answers to certain questions they knew they were gonna ask.

"No they wont come everytime you say you love each other."

"They're not gonna keep watch on you guys anymore."

"Kara is made from your genetics."

"We're only here because they thought they would need help since they didn't know the type of person Mark would want or if you would need any help from us to push you guys together."

Mark and Nara closed their mouths and smiled at their friends.

"I guess no questions from us then." Mark said, laughing a bit.

"Then it's a goodbye from us for now. We can't wait to see you two again one of these days!"

"Til then!"

And with that, they al bid goodbye and the bright light once again illuminated the room as the fog returned.

When the light went out, the family opened their eyes and saw their living room empty once again.

"That was interesting." Nara said, smiling a bit at the events.

"I love you." Mark said in a certain voice to Kara, kissing her cheek multiple times and making her giggle.

"And I love you." He then said to Nara, cupping her cheek and smiling.

"I love you too."

With that, the two shared a soft kiss before putting their attention back to Kara, now wondering what would be in store for them for the future.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"I loved them." Jungwoo said, looking at the orb that was now dimming.

"They were one of the easiest couples honestly." Sungchan added.

"I'm just glad everything went okay. Junghwan didnt fuck them up and they didn't get fired. Kara didn't even have to do much either so I bet she's happy." Ten said.

They all watched as the orb finally went out, concluding yet another successful soulmate match.

fin.

—————————————————————————
and thats the end for 'coworker'!

i really hope you guys enjoyed this story and don't worry! i'll be releasing one final chapter tomorrow: an epilogue!!

let me know how you felt about it!

and please check out my txt fanfiction called 'no chill'. id really appreciate it!

lots of love,
t <3