19

After finding Nara crying, Mark became extremely cautious of her, fearing of making her cry and wondering if something was wrong.

While Nara cooked a meal for them, Mark couldn't help but stare at Nara, watching to make sure he was there in case she cried again. He thought she wouldn't be able to see him stare because her back was turned to him, but Nara proved him wrong as she felt the staring on her back and with one quick glance, she was able to see that Mark was in fact looking at her.

"Question?" She asked Mark, startling him and making him choke on the water he was drinking and began coughing.

"What?" He asked in the middle of his coughs, hoping to play it off but Nara just chuckled.

"I know you were staring, Mark. If you have a question or a concern, you can always ask and tell me. We're soulmates after all."

At that, Mark inhaled a sharp breath before finally saying his statement and asking the question. "I'm just watching because I wanna be there in case you cry again. Why were you crying in the first place?"

At his question, Nara smiled as she poured servings of the food for them, taking them to the table and sitting next to Mark.

"First off, I'm okay now Mark. I'm not going to cry, I was... just emotional," She started looking over at Mark who took a bite of food but also gave her attention, showing her that he was still listening.

"I was only crying because I had talked with Yunhee. Don't worry! It was only good things! She was only telling me about the soulmate effect- I'll explain it later," she continued, realizing Mark was confused about what she just said.

"I was crying because I was happy. I'm a sensitive person and she told me that I can always talk to her and any of the others because we were now friends. It made me really happy so I started crying. That's all it was, Mark." She ended and Mark smiled, placing down his fork and opening his arms to allow her to hug him which she gladly accepted.

"I'm so glad you're okay. And what she said is true, you can always talk to any of us. You're a part of the family." Mark said and once again, Nara felt her eyes water.

"You're gonna make me cry again." Nara said as she released from the hug, making Mark's expression turn into worry and Nara could only laugh a bit.

"Don't cry!" Mark said in a panic and Nara laughed a bit more.

"I won't. Let me just get Kara so she can eat, too." Nara said and Mark nodded as he continued to eat and Nara gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading to the living room to get their toddler.

Kara happily went into Nara's arms, but as they made their way to the dining area, a knock on the door was suddenly heard, causing Nara to stop on her tracks and shout out "I'll get it."

Nara held Kara on one hip and using one arm before opening the door, the smile on her face turning into shock as she saw who stood at the door.

"Oh sorry. Thought this was Mark's place." The person said, making Nara clear her throat.

"Give us a second." Nara told him, abruptly shutting the door on the man before speed walking to Mark in the dining room.

"Who was it?" Mark asked after swallowing the food that was in his mouth.

"Junghwan. He wants to see you for something." Nara said and Mark furrowed his brows at the name.

"Coworker Junghwan?" Mark asked and Nara nodded, causing Mark to curse slightly before getting up and making his way over to the front door.

Mark went to the door, opening it and confirming that Junghwan was there.

"There you are! What's Nara doing in your house and why was she holding a girl who looks so much like her and you?" Junghwan asked and Mark responded with a shrug.