22

Nara stood with a proud smile, hands on her hips as she looked at the assortment of food that she had placed on the table.

It was a big feast. She cooked more than enough for the people who were coming as she knew a majority of them had a big appetite.

"Holy shit that looks so good." Mark said as he entered the dining area, mesmerized by the plethora of food on the table.

"Mind if I taste it?" Mark asked, already grabbing a paper plate and a pair of chopsticks to grab a piece of meat he had seen. Nara nodded and gave him the go ahead, hoping it tastes good.

To Nara's convenience, Mark shut his eyes tight, not taking the chopsticks out of his mouth after placing the meat on his tongue.

After a minute of savoring the taste, Mark finally took out the chopsticks and began chewing, swallowing shortly after.

"That's the best thing I've ever tasted. You did so good." Mark said, giving Nara a kiss on the cheek which made her smile widely.

"I'm glad. I'm gonna go get dressed now." Nara said, getting out of his grasp and going to the room to change into a black, fitted dress that was also long sleeved and off the shoulder.

Once she came back, she saw Mark in the living room, watching TV with Kara.

"What do you think?" Nara asked once she came in the living room, making Mark turn around and his jaw immediately drop.

"Holy shit. You look so good." He muttered as he got up, walking over to her and made Nara laugh a bit from the shyness.

"You look amazing. Perfect." He said as he placed his hands on her hips, not believing the sight. She was already pretty but seeing her in the dress had a different effect.

All Nara could do was smile, thanking him but Mark would not let go. He kept showering her with compliments, still not believing that she was real.

Just then, a knock on the door was heard which made the both realize that their friends were there now.

"Thank you, Mark. I really appreciate it." She told him one last time, giving him a kiss once again on the side of his lips, teasing him a bit before getting out of his grasp to go open the door. All Mark could do was stand in awe for a few more seconds before finally snap back to reality as he heard the screams from the front door.

Now everyone stood in the living room, placing gifts underneath and nearby the tree.

"Upside of having a lot of friends." Jisung said, staring at the mountains of gifts that everyone had brought.

"Don't get your hopes up too much. A lot of those are probably for the kids." Renjun told the boy, patting his shoulder which made Jisung pout.

"Who said I'm not a kid?" He asked and Jeno furrowed his brows a bit in confusion as he heard that question.

"You did. Multiple times." Jeno reminded and Jisung once again pouted.

"I take it back."

"Just go eat."

And so, the entirety of the friends and kids gathered in the dining room, staring in awe at the food that was on the table.

"Dude.. This is a lot." Haechan said, taking a seat along with everyone else.

"Is it too much?" Nara asked and they all shook their heads.

"Hell no. We're gonna devour this all."

And devour all of it they did.

Once they finished eating, all that was left of the meat was bones. There were no traces of the side dishes. Everything consumable was eaten, even by the toddlers who surprisingly had a big appetite.