10

Morning came, the sunlight peeking through the window. The light hit Nara's eyes, causing her to grumble and rub her eyes.

Once realizing that it was now morning, she opened her eyes slightly, the light hurting her eyes for a second before finally adjusting.

Once adjusted, her eyes went from tired to widening at the sight of the unfamiliar room.

Suddenly, a shift on the bed caught her attention, her eyes glancing over and widening even more at the sight of Kara and Mark sleeping soundly.

It took Nara a second to process everything, cursing a bit as she realized that she had accidentally fallen asleep in Mark's bed.

Nara's eyes looked around the room, not wanting to get up to get her phone and spotting an alarm clock that read 8:00 AM.

Sighing a bit, she looked over at Mark, wondering how they were going to schedule the day since they both had work and no one to take care of Kara.

Unknowingly, a smile crept on her face at the sight of the two people sleeping, admiring their peaceful state and wondering what they were dreaming about.

The two looked so ethereal, Mark's skin looking beautiful as the sun crept up to hit in and Kara's appearing soft and smooth.

Mark felt eyes on him and soon enough, his eyes slowly opened, seeing Nara sitting up and looking at him.

This would be a cute moment and could have been a time for the two to share a slightly adorable and romantic morning but unfortunately, Mark had seemingly forgotten about everything that happened and instead of saying a good morning, his first words to Nara were "What the fuck?!"

"Good morning to you too." She sarcastically said as she watched Mark sit up hurriedly, eyes darting around the room as his memory came back and he finally calmed down.

"Sorry, it's just-"

"You forgot?"

"Yeah."

Nara laughed a bit at how shy and awkward Mark suddenly became, finding him absolutely adorable.

"Don't worry, I reacted the same way when I woke up." Nara told him, validating his feelings on the new life he was about to live.

"It's 8 already? Holy shit." Mark exclaimed, causing Kara to turn a bit in her sleep.

"What time are you supposed to get into work?" Mark asked Nara.

"Today it was supposed to be 10." She told him, causing a sigh to escape from his lips.

"Fuck, me too." He replied, realizing that they had only about an hour and a half to think about a plan.

"What are we gonna do with her?" Mark asked, doing a small nod towards the toddler to show that he was talking about her.

"I would say we should take her to my mom but I don't think she'd want that kind of stress and I'm pretty sure she's working today too." Nara said, her voice lowering as she once again saw Kara turn in her sleep.

The two sat in silence, thinking about what they were going to do when it finally hit Mark.

"Jaemin!" He exclaimed, immediately regretting it as Kara finally woke up from the noise and looked at her parents, still tired but no longer able to sleep.

"Hello." She muttered, her small hands rubbing her eyes before she crawled over to Mark, going on his lap and hugging him which definitely made him shocked but he allowed it, remembering it was his daughter and that building a bond with her would be very important.

"What about Jaemin?" Nara asked, refusing to admit that she had possibly already forgotten which one of the boys he was.

"He said he would be willing to babysit!" Mark happily said, his mood going up as his stress went down.

"Oh yeah!" Nara said, suddenly remembering who he was talking about. "Does he not have work?"

"He works from home." Mark stated, Nara letting out an 'ah' in understanding.

"We should get ready for work then and get her things ready to go with him." Nara stated and Mark agreed.

"Let me just call him first." He said and she nodded, watching as he grabbed his phone and dialed Jaemin.

Jaemin, being the baby lover and sweet person he was, agreed to take care of Kara, saying "it would be good practice."

With that, Mark carried the sleepy toddler around as Nara searched through the bags of things they had forgotten to put away the previous night. She found the bag that would be used to carry everything and began organizing the things for Kara.

Mark went to Nara for a second to grab Kara's new toothbrush and toothpaste before carrying the toddler to the bathroom with him and sitting her on the toilet seat.

"Let's brush our teeth so they don't fall off." Mark told the toddler with a smile, wanting to make her smile a bit as well which succeeded.

He wet both of their toothbrushes before putting the toothpaste on and handing the toothbrush over to Kara.

"Now come with me and watch me do it." Mark said, easily picking up Kara with one arm and placing her in a standing position on the counter while making her look into the mirror.

Mark began brushing his teeth, making sure to stand behind Kara and keeping her in a position where he would be sure to catch her if she fell.

Kara giggled a bit at the sight of her dad and did the same as he did, thinking it was a fun thing to do. Mark laughed a bit at her slow brushes but nonetheless continued, feeling it as a fun bond they were starting to create.

From the halls, Nara had heard the laughter and made her way to the restroom, hesitantly opened the door and saw her soulmate and child laughing together as if brushing their teeth was one of the most entertaining things to do.

At the sound of the door opening, the two turned around, grins on their faces as their mouths were full of foam from the toothpaste, and saw Nara standing there with a confused smile on her face.

"Come join the fun!" Mark sloppily exclaimed, his words almost incoherent as he tried not to let the toothpaste fall from their mouths.

Nara laughed a bit before making her way over to the two, standing right next to Mark and brushed her teeth with the duo.

The rest of the morning went incredibly smoothly with happy vibes and many jokes and laughter going around as they got ready for the day, their hearts warming up to each other even more (with a bit of thanks to the soulmate effect).

"Today is gonna be a good day."

—————————————————————————
i feel like this chap was kinda boring lols. i feel like its all been a bit boring BUT it'll all get better soon with wholesome chapters and maybe a bit of drama so stay tuned!

also i really hope you guys are liking the story