8

I head out the door as soon as I finish sending my text to Wilbur.

Nearly everywhere I ever have to go is within walking distance from my house, and luckily Millers is barely 5 minutes away.

It seems like each night of the fall season makes the leaves more colorful than the day before.

It's cold today but my entire body still feels like it's glowing with warmth from last night.

I don't have high hopes, but I'm still happy that all of this stuff has just hit me in one night.

I've never been through extreme heartbreak but I've had my fair share of crying to Taylor Swift over break ups or figuring out the guy I liked isn't interesting.

I can see Miller's in view now, so not much longer until I'm there. I don't see any signs of Wilbur being there yet so I'll be able to have a second to pull myself together and also warm my  hands up.

A tiny broken bell rings as I open the diner's door. It's an adorable small building that's 50's themed.

It's never super busy because most people in Brighton latch onto the bigger and fancier chains of the town.

"Hey welcome to Miller's! Table for one?" A middle aged lady asks me.

"No I'm waiting for one more" I respond.

"Sounds good I'll keep a table ready for you" she smiles and I smile back.

I assumed I would be a shaking mess and would have to go into the bathroom to practice basic conversation words.

But as I sit here I think back to how natural it was talking with Wilbur.

Words, honesty, and confidence just naturally came to me when I was around him.

I hear the bell ring again as a cold draft comes in through the door.

I look up and there he is.

My god, I mumble under my breath.

There he is with his cheeks and nose stained red, every inch of his hair falling perfectly on his head.

He has a green button down with some black trousers and all of his clothing hugs his figure perfectly, I wish I was glorifying him but he's just that attractive.

Even the woman at the front counter has her lips slightly parted and her eyes darting around him. He turns and sees me and pulls the most amazing smile I've ever seen.

I can feel my checks burning hotter than lava and I can't help the flushed smile I flash back at him.

"Crazy to see you around here" he says.

"I wasn't expecting you" I bounce back playing in on the joke.

"Well if we're both here in this lovely diner we might as well celebrate it, care to dine?"

"Ok I can't make up any more fancy words right now let's go eat," I respond back.

He laughs and holds his hand out to help me up.

I take it willingly and force myself to not think about how soft and gentle his hands are. I also definitely didn't think about what it would be like to hold it for more than 2 seconds.

The lady guides us to our table and places the menus down.

It's me and him staring at each other now, his legs are so long that our knees almost touch.

"Is it weird that I don't even feel awkward? You have a comfortable force to you." He says.

"I could say the exact same thing for you. Isn't it weird that in a few hours we've somehow ended up here?"

He giggles and states, "So come on, tell me about yourself, all I know is that you like the stars and walk to university at least on Fridays."

"Only if you do the same for me, all I know is that you own a car, you play at the brighton recording studio, and traveled Europe with your ex girlfriend."

He smiles, "deal".