27

Vanna's POV:

It was now nearly 11 pm on Christmas Eve .

Wil and I had finished all of my stupid little Christmas plans, I looked out the window and snow started to fall.

It was perfect and beautiful.

I brought up my thought from a few weeks ago to Wilbur, "you know i think the snow is like a combination of our two favorite things"

"how so?" he asks interested.

"It's the rain and the stars. It falls from the sky but it sparkles too."

He smiles.

"you always know how to view things so artistically. i adore that about you" he says.

my cheeks feel warm as i turn towards him and grin.

"you view things delicately. your attention to detail almost scares me" I say.

He chuckles and walks to his bag.

"I have two bottles of shitty red wine, should we?" he asks.

I nod my head vigorously and grab two wine glasses.

He pours them and we sit in my kitchen while Nat King Cole quietly sings about Jack Frost nipping at your nose . 

(Time skip to 30 minutes later)

Wine drunk is a beautiful thing.

It makes you feel light and happy, it doesn't turn anyone into a douche or make people feel violently sick.

It's the sophisticated way to be intoxicated.

Wilbur and I were both drunk on wine. We were two broken souls who only had each other for Christmas.

No family, no friends, just each other.

(Song Recommendation: Nothing Breaks Your Heart Like Christmas by Matt Maltese)

My speaker switches to the next song. It's slow and it sings about the honesty of this holiday.

Wil drunkenly stumbles over to me and holds his hands out. I accept them into mine.

His hands are warm and his skin is rough. My hands are cold and my skin is smooth.

He lays a hand around the small of my waist and the other drapes around to cup the side of my face and neck.

He presses his forehead against mine and we slowly dance.

We look like drunk fools trying to re learn movement, but in that moment we were floating.

We were two insanely weird humans laying our heads against each others while we slowly forget about every wrong thing that was clouding our minds. 

Just for one song, for one night, we were above every problem alive.

The song slowly comes to an end and Wil turns right to look at the clock.

He smiles.

"Merry Christmas V" he whispers with his nose pressed to mine.

"Merry Christmas" I say barely above a whisper.

And with that he guides my chin up towards him and slowly kisses me.

We both got ready for bed after drinking some water and eating.

I slept with my face pressed against Wil's shoulder and his arm around me.

It was a beautiful night and Christmas was a beautiful day.