32

AN: Hi!! I've decided I'll end this story at chapter 35!! But don't worry I have another Wilbur story started with much more humor and dialogue but also sweet fluff all the same.

TW: mentions of death. (not w or v)

Vanna's POV:

I was on my way to the recording studio to hang out while lovejoy recorded some stuff for their album.

I came inside and everyone started cheering.

I laughed and walked over to greet them all.

This was essentially the makeup of my life just listening to the band play music and chilling on their cool orange sofa.

The new album was going to be released soon and Wilbur's excitement was radiant.

I was so proud of him for the amount of effort and time he spent making.

In the middle of recording Wilbur's phone buzzed.

He answered, "hello?"

The longer the call went on the smaller his smile became.

Eventually without saying a goodbye he walked out of the recording studio.

The last thing I saw was him quickly look at me, and I knew he was trying to tell me something.

I knew something wasn't ok but what I didn't know was what I was supposed to do.

The rest of the members looked at me confused.

"I don't know" I said somewhat panicked.

"Hey don't worry V, it was probably just someone declining a gig and he wants to go cool off" Joe suggested.

But there was something blank on his face, I don't know how to explain it but it seemed like part of his soul drained out in the call.

But then I did somewhat know.

"I've gotta go find him"

I went outside with a tiny bit of hope that maybe he actually was just cooling off but there was no sign of him.

I jumped in my car and drove.

About 10 minutes later and then I see the train tracks.

The car comes to a stop and my feet lead me up to the concrete platform.

In front of me is Wilbur sitting with his knees tucked to his chest and his arms wrapped around his legs.

His face is blank as stone.

His eyes are darted forwards and theres a gloss smoothed over them.

I still have absolutely no clue what the phone call is about, so the only thing I do is sit behind him and lightly place my arms around the back of his neck.

As soon as my hands touch the front of his chest he flips around to face me and hugs me into the tightest embrace I've ever felt.

His hands were gripping at my shoulders like they were the last thing left on planet earth and I hear him take a controlled breath.

"Wil-" I start and then when his body shakes.

His silent tears slowly turn into sobs part of my sweater had already become wet with this tears.

I had never ever seen him cry like this before and the only thing I could do was hold him and softly rub his skin.

"My mom" he forced out in between sobs.

Oh. Oh no.

No. No no.

I knew him and his mom never had the most beautiful relationship, but she was still his mother and now she was gone.

I couldn't even fathom losing my mom.

I held on tighter and whispered "I'm sorry's" and "It's ok's" But I knew in this moment Wilbur didn't need those words, they were futile.

He wanted me, and he wanted comfort so I tried my hardest to be as present as possible.

I could feel tears pricking at my eyes but I knew this wasn't my time to mourn. Yet still I felt like Wilbur's pain was mine.

After at least 15 minutes of crying and holding I placed my hands on his cheek and lifted his head up to look at me .

His face was swollen, eyes were puffy, nose and cheeks were red. But he still looked graciously beautiful.

We looked at each other's eyes and his crying didn't necessarily subdue but it got quieter.

I was going to try and say something, but what could I say?

How do you try and communicate with someone who just lost the person that gave them their life?

As softly and gently as possible I brought my lips to his forehead and then pressed my forehead to his.

His eyes were shut as he tried to steady his breathing.

After a long time at those tracks his face had dried, his hand holding mine.

We slowly walked to my car and wil sat in the passenger seat.

For most of the ride he silently looked out the window.

There were a lot of stars tonight.

He came into my apartment with me and I gave him pajamas that he left at my place.

We didn't talk much that night, just silent looks that spoke every word we needed.

We both crawled into my bed and he slept with his head laid in the crook of my neck.