13

I woke up in my bed this morning feeling weightless.

I kissed Wilbur. Oh my god.

I smile so wide my teeth could fall out.

I open my phone it's 7:13 am and there's a text.

Wil: Hey you, text me when you're up you were really tired last night. - Yours truly, the lucky guy who kissed you last night.

He cares so much about me, I can briefly remember him carrying me into my apartment , he's like an angel.

And he kissed me.

I cover my face like I have to hide my blush from someone.

"Shit". I remember that I have my lecture today at University. I quickly text Wil back.

Vanna: Hey I'm up now. Thank you for getting me in last night. I want to see you soon. - Yours truly, the girl who received the kiss.

I also see that I got a text from Jack 5 minutes ago.

Jack: Hey do you want to get coffee before our lecture? Actually nevermind this is a demand, Sulky's at 8 be here.

Vanna: I will be there. Sulky's at 8 sounds good.

I head to the bathroom and take a shower. After my hair and outfit is done I head out and meet Jack for coffee.

He looks at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

"You've got a look on your face, and a glow to your presence".

"I'm flattered," I respond.

"Who is he?"

"What?"

"Don't pretend to be confused. People only have the kind of look after a good time with a good guy. Who is he?"

I drop my head in defeat and sip my coffee to suppress the smile creeping up my face.

"His name is Wilbur". I say. "I'll give you the simplest rundown. I was at the train tracks, he tackled me thinking I was about to jump, I realized he was the guy who's guitar pick fell out the window that I put in my pocket. Then he asked to give me a ride home and we talked about a lot of stuff. I gave him my number and he texted me asking to go to breakfast the next day. We went and I asked him to come back to the train tracks that night.  He came and I drove us to the lit up ally that leads to the skating rink. He loved it, we went skating in our socks. He fell on top of me as the tree lit up and it was perfect so I told him to kiss me. And he did. He did it really well too. Then I fell asleep in his car on the way home and he carried me into my apartment and put me to bed."

Jack looked really happy for me but also like I just gave him whiplash.

"Holy shit that was the simplest of versions you could make?"

"Yup," I smiled back.

"Vanna that's amazing. You look so happy, I want to meet him soon".

"I think I could make that happen," I say back.

I start walking to University and I pass by the Brighton Recording Studio.

And right there in the top right corner is Wilbur sitting on the window facing away from me.

I can tell his band mates aren't there because I know he would be talking to them.

"WILLIAM GOLD" I yell with my hands cupped around my mouth.

I see him jump and turn around to look out the window. His face lights up when he sees me.

"VANNA?" He asks with a smile.

"I'M GONNA BE LATE I JUST WANTED TO SEE YOUR FACE FOR A MINUTE". I see him bolt away from his window running and in about two minutes he's running out the front door to me.

He catches up to me and smiles out of breath.

"Hey," he forces out.

"Hi". I smile.

He kisses my cheek.

"Don't be late," he says "have fun today, remember to be a star".

I laugh at the little inside joke and then wave him good bye and wish him luck with recording.

My lectures are always long, but psychology is my dream and I somehow find them interesting.

A few of my friends from University asked me if I wanted to go to a party tonight.

My social battery runs out so fast and I know it will end up making me exhausted, but I can't let them down.

I haven't talked to them in a bit so it would be nice to catch up even if it's at a party.

So I texted them back and accepted the invite.