28

Wilbur's POV:

Vanna and I spent New Year's eve together and ate Chinese take out quite a few nights in a row.

I knew that at some point I would have to talk to her about my job, I mean Tommy was practically suffocating me with "I WANT TO MEET HER"'s all the time.

So I asked if we could go to lunch and she accepted.

I was waiting at our booth and she walked in. I waved her over and smiled. She always looked beautiful.

She smiled back at me and took of her jacket, "why hello Wilbur Gold"

"oh why hello"

The waiter came and got our orders and delivered our drinks.

I don't know why but I was terrified to tell her about this. I knew she would be supportive but nerves and rationality never meet in the middle.

Nerves always win.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something", I started.

Immediately Vanna's face dropped but she managed to try and act calm.

"It's nothing bad don't worry"

Her shoulders dropped and she exhaled, "jesus you scared me"

We both laughed at the panic and then continued.

"So obviously you know I'm doing my lovejoy stuff but that wouldn't give me nearly enough money to pay even a single bill of my house or car"

She furrow her brows but stays silent to let me continue.

"Do you know what streaming is?"

"Isn't it like going live?"

"Yeah! So I'm a streamer and I don't want to freak you out"

She looks nervous.

"But my job is to go live and entertain people"

She furrows her brows more. "What kind of uh entertainment?"

I instantly crack up because I realize what kind of streamer she thinks I am.

"Oh dear god Vanna you are something, not anything like THAT. I play games in front of an audience. I have uh nearly 4 million followers."

Her jaw drops, "you what?"

"I didn't know how to tell you and I didn't want that to change how we were, that's why I waited."

She stared with her jaw dropped for a while and then started to laugh.

"4 million people put up with your chaotic mess of a human"

We both start laughing.

"So you're not angry?"

"Obviously I would have wanted to know earlier but I understand why you waited, and I don't see you differently."

I breathed out and felt so relieved. "you have no clue how worried i was. you know, now i can tell you that one of my streamer friends really wants to meet you."

She starts smiling, "who would that be?"

"His names Tommy. He's 17 and don't tell him that I said this but he's practically my little brother. We both stream together and he does this bit where he's like obsessive over women and calls every girl 'woman'. He's a chaotic shit head but his charm is indescribable, I think you two will be best friends."

"He sounds like me when I was 17" she says which makes me laugh at the idea of her as a 17 year old.

"I'd love to meet him, since we're already here let's plan a day. I want to get to know more of the people that mean something to you."

"You know I also want to meet people that are significant to you too."

She smiles, "good because I think my friend Jack might murder me if he doesn't see you soon"

We both eat lunch and talk about streaming, Vanna revealed to me that she adores playing minecraft when she's bored.

We also established that in a week from now we would go out and meet Tommy, then afterwards meet Jack.

We were both just so happy to be going forward, getting to know each other inside and out.

AN: Sorry for the delay with this chapter but I can not WAIT for you all to read next chapter. It's just so funny and sweet.