Chapter 21

"I think I burned." Mae said as she and Opie came into the room from the beach. He was miserable, he hated the sand but he wasn't going to let her run off alone.

"Your cheeks are a little red." He looked over her face carefully. "And you got some freckles now."

"And that is why I stay out of the sun." She huffed and scurried into the bathroom to check for herself. "Oh God, I look like I'm thirteen again."

"Except for the tattoos and your other, uhh, features."

"Do you like my features Ope?" She asked and he shuffled his feet beneath him still feeling anxious over certain jokes so early in their relationship. "Relax, I'm kidding."

"I do," he said, "Like your features."

Mae laughed and nodded. "Well, my features like you. I like you too. Now get out so I can get a shower. I'm so stinky and sweaty."

"I'm next." He shut the door behind him and called out. "Don't wash your hair, it looks cute like that."

She poked her head out, refusing, and apologized. Opie threw himself down on the chaise lounge. He hated it, the silence, it made it think of Jude. Impulsively, he grabbed her phone to see if he'd tried to contact Mae. Both relieved and annoyed that Jude hadn't reached out, Opie sat back down and attempted to text Juice as the room phone rang. He looked across the room as it rang for a second time and he slowly got to his feet to answer.

"Yeah?"

"Hey man." It was Jax. "You hear anything?"

"Nah." Opie relaxed a little. "We were out this morning for breakfast and she wanted to go to the beach I didn't see anyone shady."

Jax laughed uproariously. "Shit brother, did you wear your floral trunks?"

"Fuck off," Opie laughed. "What's going on there? Juice get anything?"

"Yeah he rented a room at a motel a few miles from Mae's. Me and Chibs are heading up there. I'll hit you up when we're done."

"Thanks, brother. I just wish I was fucking there."

"I get that. You wanna handle your shit, protect your girl. Just enjoy it and be ready to watch my boys when I take Tara to some prissy bed and breakfast."

"Yeah man," Opie chuckled, "I can do that. Why'd you call the room?"

"Guess you got shitty reception there. Couldn't get through."

"Alright man, see you soon."

The call ended abruptly and moments later Mae stepped out of the bathroom. "All yours, I saved some hot water for you too. You're welcome," she winked. Still in her towel she grabbed some shorts and a T-shirt while waiting for him to leave. It was a bit absurd considering they'd had sex, several times, but she still felt some modesty was called for. It was the same with Opie and his awkwardness with sexual innuendo and jokes.

Surprisingly, even though he was probably three times Mae's size, Opie took half the time she did. He pulled on boxers and his standard black T before stepping out of the bedroom.

"Chicken legs," Mae joked. "I'm going to blow my hair out."

"Why?" He pouted. "Are we going out again?"

"Of course me are. Making the most, remember?"

"Why don't we make the most of this bed?" He dropped down patted the spot next to him.

Mae grinned. She loved how wanted he made her feel and it was deeper than sex, she felt wanted in every way. "You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Winston."

"Come here, babe."

"I'm coming." She climbed up into the giant bed with a smile. "Really, Ope. Thank you for all of this."

Opie didn't respond he just dragged Mae on top of him and kissed her. His hand roamed down and squeezed her ass as he pulled her further up on him. Mae let out a little moan when Opie began sucking on her neck. It didn't take long for him to memorize her favorite spots and learn exactly what she liked. They made out like teenagers, their hands exploring each other eagerly until Opie couldn't wait any longer.

"Take off your shorts." He instructed as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Just a quickie," she whispered, "I'm so hungry." Mae stood up, one foot on either side of him and wriggled out of her shorts while Opie lifted his hips and kicked his boxers to the floor.

"You're gorgeous." He mumbled as he took in every inch of her bare flesh. The brightly colored tattoos she wore only added to the snowy complexion of her smooth pale skin that he loved so much. "You have great skin for color." He remarked.

"Oh." She looked at her arms and her chest with a silly smile. "Not what I expected you to say right then but thank you."

She was hovering just inches above him teasingly but instead of carrying on their random conversation she slowly sank down onto him. Opie grunted, his hands running up her stomach to her breasts as she rocked her hips and rode him.

Puling his hands from her chest, Mae intertwined her fingers with is and used his toned, muscular arms for super as she felt her legs growing weak. "Shit. I can't, Ope."

It was a compliment in a way but he was working hard to keep from finishing before he was really ready to. To him, she looked utterly adorable as she tried to keep the same pace, adorable and insanely sexy. With a strong arm around her waist, holding her impossibly close, Opie rolled over and began thrusting without missing a beat.

He kissed her ankles, her legs running up his chest, as he moved inside her with a perfect combination of intense need and gentleness.

Mae's back arched as she called out his name in a high pitched voice he only heard while they made love. It was his favorite sound. When Opie finished, barely a minute after Mae, he grinned and, after waiting a moment, moved her legs from his chest.

"That was amazing." She sighed. "So good."

"Still hungry?" He asked, stretching out beside her.

"Famished, but relax, I have to do something with my hair since I couldn't blow dry it."

"Just wet it again," he shrugged. "Then blow dry it."

"Ya think?" She joked and slowly made her way to the bathroom. He heard the blow dryer a few minutes later as he began to doze off but the sharp sudden ring of his cell phone startled him awake.

"Yo, what's up?"

"You're smart." Jude spoke with a wide smile that Opie could hear through the phone. "Taking her away like that, like I can't find her or you."

Opie could hardly believe it. He was raging inside as he listened to the man's voice. No introduction was needed, Opie knew who the man was. Biting his lip, he tried to keep from going off on the guy. "I thought you were done with this shit."

"I know she told you. I know her better than anyone. You got one chance to make me change my mind." Holding the pictures close to the phone Jude flicked through them loud enough for Opie to hear.

"Oh yeah? And what do you want from me?"

"I don't want shit from you." He spat. "I want the goddamn truth from that whore."

"Fuck you."

"Mmm hmm. Did you get that out of your system now?" Opie remained silent and Jude continued. "I want her to admit she went to the cops and I want her to apologize."

"I'm not an idiot. You want more than that and you're going to try something I fucking know it."

"Well, if that is true you can either stop me or just wait for the raid on your precious little clubhouse. It's your balls, man. Just think of how much fun I'll have with Mae when you're doing twenty five for illegal weapons possession and distribution."

The line went dead and Opie hurled the phone across the room. He didn't know what to do but he was literally at Jude's mercy but that was the point of the entire game.