5 | purebred breeding ponies

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

PERENELLE LYCORIS BLACK had decided that perhaps she was just not having a good week. Two days after arguably the second worst day of her life (the first being abandonment at the hand of her sister) Perenelle still found herself in an odd frazzled state between barely holding it together and wanting to tear the hair from her head.

Overall it was not a great feeling.

Her friends were catching on- that at least she was sure of, as Antonin had been kissing her arse far more than usual, and Vaudeline had toned down her usual snipes at well- everything.

"You're sure you don't want me to walk you to charms?" Antonin asked, as the two walked through the corridors following a gruelling double potions.

"No Toni it's fine- you have a free period, honestly just go do whatever it is you do when you're alone" Perenelle smiled, silently pleading to Merlin that he took her third answer as the final one.

"Alright- I think Snape's got a free" He said, half unconvinced and half to himself, and Perenelle fought to hold in a sigh of relief, as it seemed Antonin had spent the last day and a half smothering her.

She released the sigh once Antonin had turned the corner, fully out of view and most importantly out of her hair, and continued on her walk to the charms classroom.

She had made it to class with barely a few minutes to spare, Professor Flitwick stood on his stool at the front of the class, tapping his foot and glancing at the clock as though willing it to turn.

"Afternoon"

Perenelle slid into her assigned seat, a smile plastered on her face as she repeated the greeting to her seat mate, it was a Slytherin-Gryffindor class, and Alice Fortescue was the most agreeable Gryffindor Pera could choose to be forced to work with.

They weren't friends by any means- no, the two scarcely spoke outside of the classroom, though what little Perenelle did know about the girl- besides the fact that she was acquainted with her cousin and his band of hooligans, is she was a genuinely lovely girl. Pureblood- of course, though not one of the old families, it made being acquainted with her slightly easier.

"Did you finish the homework?" Alice asked, tucking a lone strand of brown hair behind her ear and back in place with the rest of her bob, and Pera nodded, "It wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be- I found that once I could master the double flick of the wrist the charm is much smoother"

Alice lit up at that, turning towards Perenelle, "I thought the same thing! Frank was driving me bloody mad over it! He kept insisting on the standard one and a half flick thats written in the textbook!" And Perenelle rolled her eyes, imagining Frank Longbottom- her residing head boy, doing just that.

"Alright class, let's settle down" Professor Flitwick's voice cut through the classroom, concluding the casual chatter taking place, and both Perenelle and Alice turned back towards the board.

As Professor Flitwick began the day's lesson, Perenelle couldn't ignore the prickling feeling of eyes on her- though she didn't bother to crane her head to find the culprit, as she knew exactly who it would be.

Remus Lupin, one of her cousins sidekicks- also a fellow prefect who she'd had no problems steering clear of in the past, though who for some reason seemed to have been stalking her for the past two days.