13 | back to black

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

PERENELLE AWOKE ON Monday morning feeling light— lighter than she had in days, and it was not until she noticed her sisters curious face and long blonde hair dangling over her pillow, causing her to yelp in a dizzy-half awake fright, that she realized it was because her barely conscious brain had forgotten the events of the day before; or rather the train wreck that was the last fortnight.

"Merlin Vaud do you mind?" She croaked, wiping the sleep from her eyes as she sat up in her bed.

The two sisters could not look anymore different at that moment— drool dried against Perenelle's chin, her curls frazzled and pointing in every which direction, while Vaudeline looked perfectly put together, her housecoat nestled against her and tied tight against her waist and under her crossed arms as she raised a brow at her sister.

"You never did tell me what the mudblood Evans wanted from you yesterday" She quipped, moving to sit on Pera's bed,

"So you've scared me out of both my sleep and my wits because of your burning curiosity?" Perenelle moaned, noticing that the clock opposite her bed read seven in the morning— she normally slept in another half hour. Marceline was still snoring to their left.

"Well yes— and also no, just answer the question"

"I don't know" Pera shrugged, raking her mind for ways to answer the question without divulging the truth— that Lily Evans wasn't evil and out to steal their magic... or a conniving whore ready to seduce pureblood men for her bidding... or whatever nasty fables they had been fed their entire lives revolving those of lesser blood status. "It was just a prefect matter— the points, she just wanted to know why I took them, makes sense, it was her house and all"

"Hm" Vaudeline tutted, "She didn't try anything funny?" And a glimpse of disgust passed the blonde's features, "I wouldn't put it past the bloody Gryffindors to try and plot some sort of revenge"

While Perenelle would normally agree, her sister couldn't have been more wrong, though Pera just shook her head.

"I dunno, the points are still gone so I suppose it's held up" She shrugged, before looking towards her sister, still sat on her bed, "wait, what was the No part of why you've woken me up so bloody early?"

Vaudeline's face once more screwed up into a look of utter disgust, and the blonde shook her head, a laugh escaping her mouth as she inched closer to her sister.

"You haven't been consorting with Gideon Prewett have you?" She said, and it was as though Perenelle's entire body froze.

"Of course not!" She hissed, peeking over to make sure that Marceline was in fact still sleeping— she was, and still snoring obnoxiously, though the twins' other half surely would have made a comment at Perenelle's lie had she been conscious to hear it.

"I figured you wouldn't be so stupid" Vaud huffed, "But I had to ask— you'd never believe it, but the bloke had the nerve to speak to me yesterd—"

"—I'm sorry, what?" Perenelle interrupted.

"After detention" She rolled her eyes, combing through a piece of her blonde hair with her fingers, "What a nutter, he nearly knocked me over!" She cringed before continuing, "Asking me how I was— as if I'd even acknowledge someone of his sorts.. let alone converse! He asked me where you were! Pera my eyes must have popped straight out of my head, I mean— honestly!"