17 | slow down you crazy child

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

ANY COLOUR THAT WAS LEFT in Perenelle's face had effectively drained itself dry, as through her tears she could see Gideon extend a hand out towards her.

His cheeks were flushed— and his eyebrows screwed so tightly together it looked as though Gideon's face would collapse in on itself. Though Perenelle did not even attempt to decode a possible meaning for the auburn haired boy's expression.

Her head was pounding— though it could have been from the way she hit the stone floor. It ached and ached and Perenelle worried that it would simply burst if she so much as cleared her throat.

How on earth had her day managed to turn to shite so quickly— it had been what? Fifteen minutes... maybe twenty, in a small room with her family (and Professor Mcgonagall) and yet that was all it had taken for Perenelle's world to effectively collapse around her and burst into flames.

A piece of her had been destroyed— left in the small office. Perhaps it was her sanity. Whatever it was, it felt as though someone had taken a sledgehammer to her ribcage and messily torn out pieces of several vital organs. Her dying body left to bleed out and fade on the cold corridor floor.

Her sisters reaction— had she imagined it? Vaudeline had never once left any impression that any of it bothered her beyond minor annoyance... though when Sirius said Andromeda's name. It wasn't just anger that had overtaken Vaudeline— it was white hot pain filled rage.

Sirius on the other hand— Perenelle wanted nothing more than to scream and scream until his ears began to bleed, though at the same time— she instinctively wanted to be ready, bandages on hand, to patch up any damage her banshee like screech inflicted.

He truly had no idea— none. She didn't know if he ever would. All the day had proven to her was that Sirius was incapable of imagining that any of them could possess human emotions. And if they could— certainly none regarding him were positive, or warm— or anything that Perenelle constantly felt and conflictingly fought.

She didn't only hate his insinuations— she loathed them. More so what they represented. Breeding ponies... the worst part lie in the fact that he wasn't wrong. It was true— one thing that Perenelle knew for certain was that she would be married within three years of graduating (at the very latest), she wasn't expected to have a career, her own interests, none of it. She'd follow in the footsteps of her sisters and dutifully serve as the well-bred trophy wives they were raised to be.

Not Andromeda though.

Sirius made that painstakingly clear. A small part of Perenelle wanted to be happy for her second eldest sister— though any prideful feeling was overwhelmed by an envy-driven hate. How come she got to leave? Do whatever she pleased? Why did she do so without thinking about the impact it would have on the rest of them— on Perenelle?

Why did Sirius get access to it... any of it? And not her? Andromeda's sister.

In her muddled inner turmoil and lone sobs she had forgotten about Gideon's extended hand— and she was brought back to reality by the strong— oh Merlin he was strong, older boy lifting her up and placing her back onto her trembling feet.

"Perenelle you're scaring me" He whispered frantically— his hands gripping tightly onto her arms as though he was scared she'd collapse if he let go, "Do I need to take you to Pomfrey? Or get someone? What happene—"