14 | to wreck one's internal beliefs

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

PERENELLE LEFT HER charms evaluation feeling incredibly disheartened, and her newly fortified outlook on life had a bruised-ego sized dent in its armour.

Alice was much the same— and the two girls sat slumped against the corridor that led to Flitwick's classroom, both ultimately defeated and grateful for their shared free period after charms.

"I don't think I've ever felt so daft in my life if I'm being honest" Alice moaned, mock-hitting her head against the stone wall of the corridor.

"It could have been worse" Pera replied, and Alice spun to face her, "well how do we know? We won't receive our marks for two days at least an—"

"—Honestly I was just trying to be an optimist, but now that I think about it, I may be royally bloody fucked" She grumbled, putting her heads in her hands, and Alice burst into laughter.

"I mean— I'm sorry— but no wonder we couldn't bloody find any information on a Dorphus Rowle in the curses section..." and she trailed off, her laughter echoing in the halls, and a small grin found its way onto Perenelle's face as she too found herself laughing.

"Can you believe we studied the wrong bloody person?" She moaned— half laughing, half pitying the pair of them. She could only hope that she had demonstrated the Reducto curse well enough for Flitwick's liking as she had surely failed the evaluations written component. Dorphus bloody Rowle... Flitwick was going to combust when he read not one, but two papers about the creator of the bat-bogey hex when the topic was Reducto.

"You know, I blame Flitwick for this, why in Godric's name would he mid lesson on the Reducto curse mind you start on a tangent about the bat-bogey hex!" Alice laughed, "I mean— to be fair we should have been paying attention, but seriously!"

A silence had lapsed between the two girls as their giggles subsided, and Perenelle found herself lazily tracing the pattern of her stocking as her legs stretched across the corridor.

"Hey— how about we skip dinner and just go to the kitchens?"

Perenelle tilted her head towards the Gryffindor,

"Why not, we may as well drown our sorrows in whatever confections the elves have whipped up"

The halls were empty as they went— a perk of free periods, Merlin she loved finally being in sixth year! Though as they turned the corner to the corridor with the painting that hid the kitchens, Perenelle suddenly found herself interrupting Alice's ramblings about Professor Sprout possibly being in a secret-herbology-related-cult.

"I'm telling you— no one can be that into plants. Don't get me wrong, I love a good everlasting rose but bloody he—"

"The elves!"

"I beg your pardon Per?"

She had stopped in her tracks, her hand flying up to her lips— a slight smirk finding it's way onto her face as she tried not to laugh. Of course she had forgotten, as the spectacle in the kitchens only weeks ago was child's-play compared to the blasted events that had followed.

"A few weeks ago— when Sirius made me cry in the kitchens, I had already been crying"

Perenelle paused.