8 | snogging after hours

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

FOR THE SECOND TIME in two days Perenelle found herself dreading how small her dormitory was. The fact that her, Marcie, and her sister were the only female Slytherin's in their year. The fact that she was currently stuck in a room with Vaudeline period.

"I don't understand what is wrong with you!" Vaudeline patronized, her perfectly plucked eyebrows furrowed as she stared at her sister. Perenelle fighting the urge to scream at the top of her bloody lungs and hide under her covers for the next five years.

"I'm sorry? What are you even going on about?You're the one who left! Left a detention!"

Marcie let out a slow whistle from her spot on her bed, eyes darting back and forth between the pair of them like it was a quidditch match, and the twins were in constant possession and repossession of the quaffle.

"It's like sometimes you're an idiot!" Vaudeline laughed, looking to Marceline to back her up, though their friend averted her eyes. "Do! Not! Engage! What is so bloody difficult about that? Yes I ran after Regulus, he was hurt!"

"I can't even believe you're go—"

"—No! I can't believe that you were so focused on clearing your own involvement you neglected the feelings of your family" She huffed, her finger practically jabbing the air in Perenelle's direction. The violent motion she did so making it seem as though every jab physically dug under her ribs— despite them being on opposite ends of the dormitory.

"I mean honestly Perenelle, Mcgonagall does not care! She hates us, all Slytherins! She's using us for some twisted experiment to make her feel better because she's borderline weirdly obsessed with Sirius and his moronic friends!"

"I don't think she hates all Slytherins, I've n—"

"—Marcie shut up!"

Marceline shrunk at the venom in Vaudeline's words, and Perenelle's eyes widened as she watched her sister's chest heave in anger— whatever Vaudeline was upset about, she wasn't entirely sure it was completely about her.

"You know what, I'm not doing this right now alright? I have rounds, but since you and Regulus are so angry with me you can be the one to tell him we've got another detention Sunday night" Perenelle said, throwing her arms up in defeat before snatching her robes off of her bed.

"We what?"

"You heard me— I'm not saying it again" Perenelle chuckled dryly, her voice cracking as Vaudeline's words processed in her brain over and over. "So go ahead, make me the bloody scapegoat for whatever it is you're actually mad about, I'm going to go because Severus is waiting"

Marcie took the pause in conversation as an opportunity as she turned to face Perenelle, who was shuffling her robes on in the doorway.

"Did the boys tell you we're having a small party tonight? If not then if we're too loud come tell us a—"

"—I'm patrolling the courtyards" Perenelle huffed, before leaving and slamming the door behind her.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Perenelle tried her hardest to mask the anger on her face as she approached Severus, who was waiting for her by the common room door. Antonin and Damien were with him— no doubt repeating the same words thrown her way by Marceline. Her suspicions were confirmed as Severus muttered an "I don't know— we're not even patrolling down here tonight" as soon as she came within hearing distance of the trio.