20 | perenelle commits house related treason

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

SURE ENOUGH, the next morning at nine am Headmaster Dumbledore's voice echoed across the great hall in a lovely— albeit slightly off tune falsetto.

Pernelle snorted as Marceline'a face turned to a scowl and she plugged her ears, "For Merlin's sake— this early!"

"Personally I think it's the perfect wake up call" Pera shrugged with a smirk, and Vaudeline rolled her eyes.

She hadn't said anything— but from the look on her twin's face Perenelle knew that Vaud had a sneaky suspicion Dumbledore's impromptu performance had something to do with a certain redhead Gryffindor.

Speaking of said redheaded Gryffindor, Perenelle accidentally, mind you— made eye contact with him from across the hall. She nearly choked on her toast and quickly averted her eyes. In a perfect world she would avoid him for the next two days... until well after her cousin's birthday was over.

It's not as though a part of Pera didn't want to go to the Gryffindor party. Bloody hell— the curiosity tempted her beyond belief, though she would have to have a death wish to take Gideon up on his invitation.

Thinking of her actions so far this term at school though.. perhaps she did have a death wish.

"Oi!" Antonin clapped his hands dangerously close to Perenelle's face, and she jumped in her seat,

"Do you bloody mind?" She scowled, and he laughed, "Back to reality there princess?"

"Whatever" she mumbled, and Antonin continued,

"I was trying to ask if you were still planning on coming tomorrow— first game of the season and all"

"I don't know, maybe" Pernell's shrugged, picking at her toast, she really did not want to attend, for one she didn't really care for quidditch, and two— well, she had covered that already.

She could feel Gideon's eyes burning a hole into the side of her head. Why is it he cared so much anyway? What good could possibly come from her attending a party— let alone a Gryffindor party.

"Not maybe— a yes, of course Toni and Damien, my bestest friends— oh how I love you and how talented you are on the field, how couldn't I come watch you crush the Gryffindor tossers" Damien dramatically interrupted, and both Black sisters rolled their eyes while Marcie snorted,

"Okay, that's enough" Vaudeline teased, "Of course we'll come, Pera's just not feeling well"

It was a lie— kind of, physically she was the picture of good health, though she faked a sniffle for good measure.

"Well I'm sure you'll get over your cold by tomorrow" Toni teased,

"Let's hope so!"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Are you avoiding me Nell?"

Perenelle's heart nearly stopped as Gideon snuck up behind her, and she quickly looked around the library to make sure nobody was in the immediate vicinity.