21 | abba, fire-whiskey, and odd behaviour

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

AS SKEPTICAL AS SHE had been, Perenelle couldn't believe how good she looked in muggle clothing.

"Damn Marceline" She laughed, looking at herself in the mirror, "where were you hiding all this?"

She could not believe she was wearing jeans, or a t shirt— one with a neckline that tapered down in a 'V' to just slightly expose her chest at that. She mused her hair a little— she had left it down and curly today, though she was beginning to regret her choice as she fussed with it in the mirror.

Marcie, who was wearing a pair of light blue bell bottoms and a similar cut t shirt shook her head, "listen, my dad travels a lot— and I'm left alone nearly ninety nine percent of the time on these trips, I get bored and like to explore"

"I don't hate it as much as I thought I would" Vaudeline mused, shooing Pera out of the way to use the mirror. Marcie had put Vaud in a green corduroy pinafore dress (Marcie's words, not hers) with a black turtleneck underneath, "but it still feels bloody strange"

"Well we can feel strange about it later" Pera announced, the clock on her bedside table read quarter to nine, and she quickly took a generous swig of her bottle of chateau rum, "Ugh— we have to go, our chaperone to hell is waiting on us"

Marcie snorted, "chaperone to hell— hilarious, I would have gone with prince charming"

Pera looked at her in confusion, she understood the implication of Marcie's words (and furiously fought the blush she felt growing on her cheeks) but did not understand the reference.

"Sorry— another muggle thing I've picked up on my travels"

Once they had made it outside of the Slytherin common room Perenelle allowed herself to breathe, practically ripping the hood of her cloak off of her head. Fuck— what they were doing had finally caught up with her. Sure she realized how screwed she was, but it seemed her body had finally caught up to speed, as her heart was pounding so fast she feared it might break through the wall of her chest any second.

That would be a bloody— pun intended, mess.

"Vaud how is it you made sure the boys would be in their dormitory so early?"

Vaudeline snorted at Marcie's question, the pair oblivious to Perenelle having an existential crisis to their left.

"I didn't actually have to do anything, Damien and Antonin stormed off to bed to nurse their bruised egos and Snape follows them wherever they go"

"Okay right here" Perenelle said. They had reached the staircase— though Gideon was nowhere to be found. For a split second Pera's body heated with embarrassment, had it been a prank? Was she standing outside the kitchens in muggle clothing for a laugh? The thought made her want to puke, though thankfully just as Perenelle's brain began sending warning signals heavy footsteps came bounding down the stairs.

Gideon appeared immediately, cheeks flushed and a bottle of fire-whiskey peeking out of the pocket of his robes.

"Woah" He said as he noticed them, "I didn't realize you'd be bringing guests"