11 | a visitor from gryffindor

•° ✿ °•.

°•. ✿ .•°

PERENELLE'S HEAD WAS pounding as she finally pushed open the door to her dormitory, Marceline hot on her heels.

"Did you just take one hundred points!" Marcie exclaimed, a choked laugh escaping her throat, and Perenelle shook her head, pacing the carpet.

"I don't— I don't know what came over me Marc! How could I ab—"

"—Good! The little brats deserved it!"

Perenelle's brain felt as though it was fragmenting into little pieces, coherent thoughts a thing of the past as she dug her fingers into her hair,

"No Marceline! I don't think you understand!" She hyperventilated, wringing her hands as she resumed her panicked pacing, "I just took one hundred bloody points!"

In the haste of their discussion neither girls had noticed the dormitory door opening, and a gobsmacked Vaudeline stood in front of them.

"That was you?"

Perenelle couldn't help the scream that came over her, her fingers covering her face as the panicked sound left her, before flopping face down onto her silk duvet.

"You know?"

"Uhm— duh Marcie, the whole bloody school was eating lunch when the leaderboard suddenly dropped by one hundred for bloody Gryffindor!"

"Well shit"

"Shit is an understatement!" Perenelle cried, practically leaping up from the bed, her once waved hair now bouncing in its natural curled state from the days tumultuous affairs. "I'm going to lose my badge over this!"

"Okay— maybe do us a favour and calm the fuck down Perenelle, you're stressing me out!" Vaudeline barked, waving a finger at her twin, "What in Merlin's name even happened"

Marcie opened her mouth before promptly closing it again, looking between the two sisters as she did so— her face scrunching in discomfort,

"About that—"

"—Marceline don't you dare!"

It seemed that in the brief moment of silence Pera had remembered what exactly had caused her to take the points in the first place, and the prospect of having to tell Vaudeline was just as mortifying as the reason itself.

"What on earth do you mean don't you dare!"

"Per... come on" Marcie said softly, and Perenelle's eyes screwed shut in frustration as she screamed once more, crossing the dorm and locking herself in the lavatory, her heart pounding out of her chest as she stood with her back against the door.

"I beg your fucking pardon!"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Come on" Vaudeline directed, "head held high, you're a Black— don't let anyone else make you forget that" as she led Perenelle down the stairs with a hand on the small of her back.