16

(Oliver's pov)

I woke up to my body feeling as if it was on fire. My entire body hurt. I felt like every nerve in me was going off at once. I opened my eyes, looking around the unfamiliar room before Lucas's voice reached my ears.

"He'll wake up soon."

"He's been in a coma for two months now, though," my mother's voice said.

Who's been in a coma?

"His eyes are open," Doctor Colburn said as she came into my line of sight.

"Oliver, can you hear me?" she asked. I tried to speak but I couldn't form any words, so I just nodded my head.

"Oh thank God, you're awake," my mother said as she grabbed hold of my hand.

"W-Water," I croaked out, my throat feeling dry and scratchy.

"Here," Lucas said as he helped me take a few sips of water. The cold liquid felt heavenly on my dry, sore throat.

"T-Thank you," I said, my voice coming out hoarse and raspy.

"Oliver, what exactly happened?" Doctor Colburn asked.

Everyone turned their attention towards me, waiting for me to answer, but how was I supposed to answer a question that I didn't have an answer to?

"I-."

"It's ok if you don't remember," Lucas said.

"I can remember being in the library with Chelsea, then-,"

"Then?" my mother asked after I went silent.

"Then, then I-,"

I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate. Why wasn't I able to remember?

"Dark room," I said.

"What?"

"I was in a dark room."

Chelsea and I were currently sitting in a hidden corner of the library, Chelsea reading to me from one of her favorite poetry books. I always manage to get lost in the words that would escape from her plump pink lips. They were like symphonies to my ears. I closed my eyes, focusing on the words.

"Oliver," a deep voice said, causing my eye's too open.

I looked over at Chelsea, who was still reading. Did she not hear that voice?

"Oliver," the same deep voice said.

I looked over in the direction of where the voice was coming from to see a silhouette. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was calming in a way, almost hypnotizing.

"Come here," the voice said as a hand appeared, gesturing for me to come closer. I absentmindedly started to walk towards the apparition. I seemed to be drawn to it like something was pulling me towards it.

"Oliver, where are you going?" Chelsea asked. Her voice sounded as if she were a thousand miles away.

Ignoring her, I kept walking as the apparition disappeared behind a door. I opened the door, revealing stairs that led down to an unknown area of the castle.

"Hey wait," Chelsea said right before the door slammed shut. I spun around, reaching for the doorknob, before a voice stopped me.

"Down here." I turned around and walking down the stairs until I reached a dimly lit room.

"H-Hello" I stuttered out once my eye's finally adjusted I realized I was in the dungeons.

"Behind you," I voice said next to my left ear.

A chill ran up my spine as I froze. I knew that voice. I knew that voice very well. I slowly turned around to see a man standing behind me. I didn't recognize the man standing in front of me, but I defiantly knew that voice. Before I had time to speak or do anything, I was thrown up against the wall.

"Wait-," I was cut off by the sheer force of excruciating pain that had hit my body.

The apparition soon transformed into my father. My eyes widened at the sight of the blade in his hand.

"P-Please, don't."

"I should've just killed you and my good-for-nothing brother when I had the chance, especially their bastard of a child," my father spat out.

"I only brought you back because I have no use for you anymore, but instead, my brother went looking for me and you."

"J-Just let me go," I cried out.

"Look at you, even now you're just pathetic. You won't even try to fight me back," he said as he plunged the silver dagger into my lower abdomen.

My eyes widened as a searing pain spread throughout my body. Before I could even make a sound, my father twisted the blade before pulling it away. He let go of me. As I fell to the ground, I could feel blood make its way into my mouth before it spilled onto the floor. I couldn't stop the blood from spilling past my now stained lips.

"CHELSEA!!!" I screamed out, praying that she could hear me.

"It's pointless to scream. No one's going to hear you," he said as he came closer to me.

"Oliver?" I heard Daryl's voice yell out.

"HELP ME!"

I could hear his footsteps growing closer to where we were at.

"Shit," my father cursed under his breath.

"This isn't over," he said before he vanished. My vision blurred before everything went black.

"It was him," I said as I wiped tears away.

"How the hell did he manage to get into the castle?" my mother said, fear and anger in her voice.

"He has to be using forbidden dark magic," Lucas said.

My mother and Lucas shared a look before the door to the room opened.

"Oh, I didn't know anyone was in here," Chelsea said as she entered the room fully. She turned her attention to me and her eyes widened as she realized I was awake.

"Oliver, you're awake," Chelsea happily said as she ran over to me. She sat down on the bed next to me as she hugged me.

I winced at the sudden contact, causing her to pull away from me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you," she said.

"It's alright, sorry if I scared you that day."

"I'm just happy that you're alright now," she said as I pulled her down for another hug.