22

(Augusts pov)

I busied myself with my daily chores. I had been working for Arabella since the age of thirteen, shortly after the passing of my mother. I was currently sweeping the floor when a knock on the castle door could be heard. Stopping what I was doing, I answered the door.

"How may I help you, sir?" I asked the man on the other side of the door.

The man was almost hypnotizing. He had silver hair that hung down to the middle of his back, with the top being pulled back with a single piece of string. His eyes are what captivated me the most. One eye was black, and the other was as white as the freshly hung linen that blew in the warm summer breeze.

"Could you inform Lucas that I am here?" he said in a deep voice.

"Of course, sir, please come in," I said, allowing Sebastian into the castle.

"May I ask your name?"

"Sebastian," he said, looking around.

"I'll inform Master Lucas of your arrival."

"Thank you," he said as I started up the stairs.

"Would you by any chance know where I could locate Master Lucas?" I asked one of the other servants.

"Sorry love, try asking Lady Arabella," he said before leaving.

I made my way to Arabella's office, softly knocking as I opened the door.

"Lady Arabella, do you know where Master Lucas is?" I asked as I walked into her office.

Arabella was sitting in her office chair crying as another lady was comforting her. I couldn't help but notice how my heart skipped a beat when I saw the woman who sat across from Arabella. I've never seen someone so breath-taking before.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I come at a bad time, ma'am?"

"No, it's fine," Arabella said, drying her eyes.

"What do you need?"

"There's a man here under the name of Sebastian. He is looking for Master Lucas," I said.

"I'll inform him for you, you are dismissed," Arabella said.

"Of course, ma'am, again sorry for interrupting," I said before exiting the office, but not before taking another glance at the beautiful woman.

I closed the door before leaning on it, closing my eyes as a smile found its way to my lips. I could feel my face heat up just from thinking of her. I've never told anyone about how I have feelings for women. It wasn't really accepted that much. I mean, it's not like I haven't seen same-sex couples before, but they were frowned upon.

I used to always lie to myself. I kept telling myself that I didn't like woman but I eventually had to face the fact that I was different from people. Sighing, I made my way back down to the foyer, to where Sebastian was waiting still.

"Lady Arabella has been made aware of your arrival. She will inform Master Lucas for you," I said.

"Isn't that your job, though?" he asked.

"It is, sir, but Lady Arabella is the only one that knows of the Master's whereabouts," I said.

"I see," he said as he looked at me from head to toe as if examining me.

I began to feel uneasy. I could tell he was a powerful being and not just any being either, but a high ranked demon at that. I turned to leave, but before I could, Sebastian grabbed me by my arm, stopping me from going any further.

"Sir?" I asked.

"You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked.

"Not that I know of, sir," I said.

"You're not harassing her, are you? You'd think after all of these years that your hatred for angels would be at least a little more tolerable," the woman from earlier said as she walked down the stairs.

"And hello to you as well, Saleena." Sebastian said as he leg go of my arm walking towards her. "Just so you know, I wasn't harassing her and I've managed the other situation as well."

"So you're telling me that you no longer hate angels?" She asked.

"I had to let go of all the hatred," Sebastian said, this somber look on his face.

"Oh?"

"It will poison you if you let it," he said before he walked away.

The woman watched him walk away before turning her attention towards my pale form.

"Are you alright, love?" She asked.

"I t-think so," I stuttered out.

"Are you sure?" She asked in a worried tone.

"Y-Yes, I'm f-fine," I said as I tried to walk away, but my legs gave out on me.

I guess his aura was a little too much for me.

She quickly grabbed a hold of me before I could hit the floor.

"Come on, let's get you some fresh air," she said, as she helped me walk outside.