14

(Michael's pov)

"Father, Arabella's here," Ezekiel said as he entered the infirmary of the pack house.

"Tell her to come in," I said as I continued to help Caddie heal one of our wounded warriors. The pack house was covered in debris and soot, the stench of blood mixed with smoke filled the air.

"Michael, how bad was it?" Arabella asked as she walked into the room.

"No one was severely hurt, but as for the damage on the house, well, I can't say the same. They blew up the east side of the pack house."

"Do you have any clues as to who could do this?"

"Dark magic was definitely involved, and I think I know who did it. I've seen his work before."

"Who is it?"

"His name is James. He's a very powerful demon."

"How powerful are we talking?"

"Combine my strength with your mind's power and Daniel's survival skills. Then I'd say pretty powerful."

"How do you know him?"

"Back when I was Alpha over the Blue Rain pack, we did business together," I said.

"What kind of business?" Arabella asked.

"Well, at the time we were having problems with our cubs being sold on the black market by the hunter's, so I hired James and his posse to take care of some things."

"I see. Does he know that you're the Alpha over this pack?" Arabella asked.

"Possibly, but him and I don't have any unresolved issues with each other."

"So this hit was directed towards me then."

"That's what I'm thinking, but I could be wrong," I said as I walked away from the wolf I was helping Caddie with to wash the blood off of my hand's.

"Come with me. I'll show you the damage." I led Arabella out of the infirmary and into the smoke filled hallways.

"So what exactly happened here?" Arabella asked.

I stood in the middle of the woods, eyes closed, breathing in nature's sweet scent. I opened my eyes as I started to unbutton my shirt. I finally had a moment where I could be by myself. I dropped my shirt to the ground and started to unfasten my pants.

I could feel my wolf coming to the surface. All of my senses were becoming sharper. Once I was fully unclothed, I let my wolf take over. I started to feel that familiar popping of joints as I made the transformation from man to animal. Once I was on all fours, I made my way deeper and deeper into the forest.

I was enjoying my surroundings, I was enjoying being by myself, not having to carry the worry of being Alpha with me, even if only just for a few minutes. I kept running till a stream that flowed through the forest came into view. I stood there, just staring at my reflection in the water. I had scars that covered my entire body. They all held a story behind them. Not all were good.

Most of them were from fights I had encountered when I first became Alpha. Males were constantly challenging me for the Alpha position, but none were ever strong enough to over power me. My thoughts were cut short when I heard an explosion off in the distance.

I dashed through the forest, transforming back into my human form once my clothes came into view. When I returned to the pack house, smoke filled the air as the witches conjured up a water spell to put out the fire.

"Father," Ezekiel said as he joined me.

"Ezekiel, are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"What happened?" I demanded.

"After you left, things were going fine, then all of a sudden there was an explosion and smoke filled the house."

"Inform Caddie to get here immediately."

"Yes sir," Ezekiel said before leaving, as I quickly entered the pack house.

"Once everything is fixed, I'm going to have a meeting with everyone," Arabella said as they stepped outside of the pack house.

"I'll notify the other houses if you'd like."

"You've got enough on your plate, besides I'm not helpless. I can do it myself."

"Of course."

"When I return to the castle, I'll notify Daryl and Lucas. Until then, please notify me if you need anything."

"Will do," I said before Arabella left. I walked back into the house, going straight to the infirmary to help Caddie again.