4

(Michael's pov)

“Arabella said that she wants more security around the territory,” Bradley said as he entered my office.

“Alright, I’ll inform everyone at the pack meeting.”

“And when will that be?”

“Now,” I said as I stood from my chair, grabbing the papers that I needed for the meeting, as I walked out of my office.

“Sir, why are we having a pack meeting so early?” Bradley asked.

“I have to be at Arabella’s office at eight, so can you please notify everyone that I need them to be in the meeting hall as soon as possible?”

“Yes sir,”

Bradley quickly walked away, probably going to his office so he can concentrate better. Mind linking wasn’t hard for us wolves to do, but when it came to contacting the entire pack, it took a lot of concentration. I turned a corner, descending the old wooden staircase, cringing every time one of them creaked under my weight as I once more made a mental note to fix them. Knowing that I'll forget again, just to repeat myself like I am now, after sweating the last time that I would actually get them done.

Sighing, I took a small detour. Instead of going to the meeting hall, I went down a small hallway that was rarely used. Only one resident lived here, and that person was my son, Ezekiel. Knocking on his door, I could hear movement behind the closed door, before it opened, it revealing my half dressed son who looked severely disoriented.

"Yeah?" He groaned out as he rubbed his eyes, clearly being half awake.

Sighing, I asked. "Why are you sleeping this late in the evening?"

"Because I took Layla's place on border patrol last night," Ezekiel groggily said.

"Oh, that's right," I said under my breath.

"Are you here to get me for the meeting?"

"No," I said.

"Well, yes, but mainly no."

Ezekiel gave me a confused look before I continued.

"I need you to fix the main stairs, their getting a little worse, and I don't need anyone to get hurt or worse." 

Don't judge me.

"I thought you were going to do that?" Ezekiel asked as he walked around his room, looking for a clean shirt.

I love my son with my whole heart, but he could be a slob sometimes. He's been like that his whole life. When it came to his room, he's always been lazy.

"I was, but I keep forgetting to do it," I admitted.

"Father, I really don't feel like it."

"I'll pay you," I said, causing my son to give me a surprised look.

God, who's the lazy one now? I thought to myself.

"You'll pay me to redo the staircase?" Ezekiel asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I'll pay you."

"Fine, then."

"Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll see you at the meeting," I said before turning to leave.

I know I should feel ashamed right now, pawning off my work on him, but the sad thing is, I don't. Besides, I can trust him to do this. Ezekiel is a fine craftsman. He helped furnish a few of the rooms in the pack house. I walked down the remainder of the hall before I started towards the meeting hall.

“Alpha Michael," a few pack members greeted as I walked into the room.

“Hello,” I said as the room started to fill with pack members.

“I would like to thank everyone for coming to this meeting. I know some of you probably have some plans, so I’m going to make this as fast as possible,” I said, gaining the room’s attention.

“Now, as most of you have heard by now, Oliver has returned. Also, we have an unknown source giving us information on the hunter’s,” I said as the room quickly filled with hushed murmurs.

“Excuse me, but do you know who this unknown source is?” Ezekiel asked.

“At the moment, we aren’t sure. We do know he is of the supernatural world, but we are not sure of what race he's from. We have been informed by Arabella that he shall not be harmed.”

“But sir,” Ezekiel said.

“That is an order. I want extra security around the territory. Any documents or packages that are to show up here give them directly to Bradley or myself. If you can’t find one of us, then take it to Daryl or Arabella.”

I removed my pocket watch from my trouser pocket, checking the time, before placing it back in my pocket.

“Alright meeting adjourned, Bradley will be in charge till I return, I have some business to attend to,” I said before exciting the room and heading for the castle.