21

(Saleena's pov)

"T-That's impossible," Arabella said as she stared at me in shock.

I watched as Arabella slowly moved away from me, sitting down as she placed her hand on her stomach, that already had a noticeable bump to it.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure Arabella, I can hear its heartbeat," I said as tears started to stream down her face.

"Are you not happy with the news?" I asked.

"I am, but I'm so scared, Saleena."

"There's no reason to be scared love, you've done this twice before already. Once with Benjamin and Oliver," I said, trying to make her feel better.

I still couldn't believe that her first-born son was alive. When Arabella had told me in her letter, I honestly could fully understand how he was alive. I haven't had the chance to meet him yet, but there's plenty of time for me to catch up with him.

"I know, but look what happened to them. What if the same thing happens to this baby?" she sobbed out.

"Look at me," I said, taking hold of her trembling shoulders, making her look at me through her tear-filled eyes.

"Things are different this time. Things will be fine. All of this stress isn't good for you or the baby."

"I know, but I can't get this feeling to go away. I just keep feeling like something's going to happen and when it does it's going to be horrific," Arabella said with dread written over her face.

I knew from experiences that Arabella's feelings usually came true.

"How long have you had these feelings?" I asked.

"About a month after Oliver returned."

"Have you told anyone about it?"

"Just you," Arabella said.

"You need to tell someone sweetie, besides me that is, you can't keep all of this to yourself," I said, before Arabella could reply the door to her office opened, revealing a petite woman.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I come at a bad time, ma'am?" She asked.

"No, it's fine," Arabella said as she dried her eyes. "What do you need?"

"There's a man here under the name of Sebastian. He is looking for Master Lucas," she said.

"I'll inform him for you, you are dismissed," Arabella said.

"Of course ma'am, again sorry for interrupting," she said before exiting Arabellas office, but not before our eyes met, allowing me another glance at the beautiful woman.

"I know that look," Arabella said as I turned to see her smirking at me.

"Where have you been hiding her all of these years?" I asked.

Arabella laughed as she shook her head at me.

"She's new, obviously. Poor girls been through a lot. I've been trying to get her out of her shell, but she's so shy and timid. She jumps at the slightest sound."

"Yeah, I saw that as well. I thought she was going to shit herself just by telling you something."

"Saleena! My goodness, you don't have to be so crude all the time," Arabella said, before continuing. "But I guess you're not entirely wrong."

"I guess I'll let you get to your guest," I said as I stood from my seat.

"Mhm,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said, smiling as Arabella gave me a knowing look.

"Go easy on her, that's all I'm asking."

"I will, I promise," I said, leaving her office, before I had to hear her lecture me.