Chapter 7

Catherine POV

3 months later

I woke up with a terrible headache and look to my right to see Zak, sound asleep.

These past few months have been hard thinking about a new born while dealing with the fact that Cassidy is dead.

But I've decided to make Cassidy a funeral in secret, she deserves to rest in peace after everyhing she had been through.

I go into Cody's room and wake him up. I get his pills with some water and give it to him once he is awake.

Things really have been rough with Cody. He went into a depressive state and now had to take pills just to keep him going.

I told him what Zak had told me all those months ago and we agreed to put on an act around Zak.

This leads us to planning a funeral.

I leave Cody's room and go and freshen up. I come out and get dressed before Zak wakes up.

I write a little note to Zak telling him that I craved some ice cream and left with Cody to get some and placed it on the bedside table.

I leave the room, grab Cody and go to Hospital where Cassidy's funeral is held.

The doctors there were kind enough to use the hall out back by the garden for her funeral.

We reach just in time for the prosession.

Soon after I get up and say My Eulogy:

I know it's hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. The future does not belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. As I believe Cassidy's spirit looks over us and she would not be happy to see us all sad and gloomy. Let us make her proud and continue on. Thank you.

After my Eulogy I go back to Cody and he immediately starts sobbing on my shoulder. I try to console him as much as I can and soon after the funeral ends.

The staff volunteered to bury Cassidy for us and I'll forever be grateful to them for that.

We reach home and we Zak sitting on the couch, staring into space. I tell Cody to go to his room but Zak stops him.

" Where have you been Catherine?"

" I wrote a note saying we went out to eat ice-cream. This baby craves alot of things these days."

" I know you left the note. But you are lying.

Care to explain why Lawrence called me to tell me he saw you enter the hospital? With Flowers at that."

" Oh! Yes! We just went to say hi to the doc-"

" CATHERINE!!! STOP LYING!!! CODY! TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE RIGHT NOW!"

Cody says nothing and stares with his face downcast at the floor. Zak Rushes to Cody and before he reaches him I get in between them.

" Zak! Stop! We went to Cassidy's funeral ok?"

Zak the goes all red in the face and pushes me away . I fall on my back luckily and see Zak punch Cody in the face.

I run to Zak and this time he pushes me with much more force and I hit my stomach on the edge of the table.

I scream and that brings Zak back to reality as he rushes to me.

" Cathy! Catherine , Oh my Gosh I am so sorry. The baby! " Zak then looks at Cody and charges at him.

" YOU!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON CASSIDY!!?!?!?"

" Zak! Stop, just get me to the hospital. I can feel blood. We need to go." I say weakly

" I am not done with you Cody Nesbo!"

Says Zak before I am carried away and placed in the Car.

I feel a sharp pain and I collapse on the backseat.