Chapter 10

Catherine POV

I wake up and feel pain in my abdomen. I then see Zak next to me.
I look for Cody but I can't find him.

" Zak? Where is Cody?"

" Catherine! I'm so happy to see you awake! "

" Zak. Where. Is. Cody. "

" Cathy. I am sorry but Cody did not want to see you."

" Why?"

" He said that he hates you. That you ruined everything for him. If it wasn't for you that Cassidy would be here. And we would all be a happy family."

" No. Cody would never say that."

" Catherine. You are just confused. Cody told me those exact words. But enough about Cody. He does not deserve our Love. How are you feeling?"

" I'm in pain. Specifically in my abdomen. What happened? Did the baby survive?"

" Cathy. The baby... I had to choose between you and the child. I couldn't bear to lose you. I love you and I always will. We can try for another baby once you are all healed up. "

I feel so conflicted. On the one hand I can never wish death upon an unborn child.

I was finally accepting the child and planned for all the things I would do for them.

On the other hand I am grateful that the child will no longer be born carrying the evil deeds of their father and how they were brought into the world.

Then there is the issue with Cody. It truly breaks my heart. I don't know who to believe in this situation.

Zak has always been there for me through tough times even though he was the cause for my troubles in the first place.

He always has a place in my heart.

Cody is my blood. He used to like Zak, Back when everything was perfect, Back when Cassidy was alive.

Those 2 were inseparable.

I just can't believe that Cody would blame me for her death. It was not my fault although I should've thrown the drink away when I could.

It still does not change the fact that HE was the one who placed the poison in.

I have spent too much time grieving and blaming myself for her death. But I have had enough of this blaming game.

I will go to Cody and set things straight. We cannot leave our relationship the way it is. I will not allow it.

I look at Zak and something in me tells me that what he said about Cody is off.

Why would Cody tell Zak all this when he hated him?

" Catherine are you alright?"

" Yes. I am. When am I getting out?"

" 2 days from now. But don't you stress about that. I will take good care of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am finally discharged today and we are on our way home.

Zak comes to my side and opens the door for me once we reach our garage.

I enter the house and silence greets me.

" Zak? Where is Cody?"

" Oh! I forgot to mention that he left. Said he didn't want to live with a murderer."

As Zak says those words my suspicions are confirmed. Zak took Cody but my heart tells me to believe Zak.