Chapter 9

Cody's Pov

I sit on the floor where I have been for the last three hours,when I hear the door open. Hope fills my heart thinking that everything is Ok.

Mom is alright.

Then I see only Zak come through and fear fills my heart.

" Cody. I don't know what is wrong with you. What have I ever done to deserve a child like you.

You took all the attention from Catherine! You tried to poison me!! And now!!! You kill my child!?!?!?!? No. Enough is enough. "

Says Zak and he grabs my arm dragging me into the basement. I try to break free and I bite his hand.

" Ah!!!! Now you've done it!"

I run upstairs but Zak pulls me by my legs and I tumble face first onto the stairs.

Zak then Kicks me continously on my stomach , my head. Just everywhere he could reach.

When he is done,I can not see through my right eye.

I cough and blood spills out. Zak grabs me and drags me to the basement.

" You will leave Catherine and I alone!
Haha!!! I have finally won !!

I will just tell Catherine that you killed yourself! Or better yet! I will tell her that you hate her and you never want to see her again!

Yes. That will work."

Zak says mumbling to himself as I drift in and out of consciousness.

He throws me back and tells me to wash up with the bucket next to me. He tells me that I will not be able to leave this room.

Afterwards he leaves and locks the door leaving me in the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been three days since I've been locked up in here. Zak brings in food and water for me then leaves.

I assume Mom is back but she hasn't looked for me. I keep wondering if she believed whatever Zak told her.

I really hope not. Or else any chance of escaping here is futile.

I have tried everything I could to escape here and nothing has worked.

I have begun to lose all hope for ever escaping.

I am better than I was before. Which is weird considering I have been locked up in a basement for who knows how long.

But this time alone has given me time to think.

I cannot hold onto Cassidy forever, but she will remain in my heart.

I have to use the strength I gained from her instead of wasting it away.

It has also made Zak tell me what happened to him. No one is born this way.

And he told me.

I feel no ounce of remorse for Zak. Instead of becoming a better person he became the people who hurt him all those years ago.

He let darkness consume him. And I'll be damned if I let it consume me too.

I will escape, take my Mother away from here and destroy Zak Nesbo if it's the last thing I do.