Chapter 16

TW: VERY GORY

Catherine

The rhythmic sound of my alarm wakes me, not that I was ever sleeping in the first place. I turn my head to face Zak as I begin to wonder how he could sleep so peacefully after Cody's death.

I sigh deeply as I get up from my bed and begin my morning routine. It isn't long before I'm finished, so I head into Zak's room to see if he's awake yet.

I slowly open the door, making sure I don't wake him if he is sleeping. But all I see once I enter the room is Zak staring out into the window.

'Morning dear Catherine.' he says softly while keeping his gaze on the window.

'Morning Zak, I'll be heading off to work in a matter of minutes so I came to say goodbye.' I reply

Zak nods stiffly.

"Zak? Is everything alright? You're scaring me." I approach him and before I can touch him he grabs me by my throat . I struggle to breathe.

"Z-ak. Pl-ple-ase"
I sputter out. Zak looks at me behind hooded lids.

" You know I love you right Catherine? Zak... he doesn't deserve you. Did you know It was me that removed Cassidy from our lives?"

"All so I can have you focus on me? Then Cody came along. Too bad you killed him huh Cathy?... "

"You know what ,I'm tired of Zak interrupting me. So we'll play a game."

He releases me and I feel air return to my lungs.

"What ga-gam-e ?"
I ask the man scared of his answer.

"A very simple one. You see, I currently have your beloved cousin Lisa in my basement. She treated you oh so badly all those years ago. So now It's her turn."

"There will be 3 rounds. I choose a punishment and you get to choose who will take it. Sounds like fun right?!"

He drags me to the basement where I come face to face with Lisa.

"Catherine? What is going on? Zak? Untie me please! "

" I am not Zak! And this is your retribution "

"It will be ok Lisa. I'll take the punishments"

"What punishments!?"

"Round 1! Drawing an intricate design with a knife on skin!"

I stare at him and decide to take it. He comes toward me and draws an excruciatingly painful protea plant on my stomach.

"Round 2! Putting your hand atop a stove plate for 20 s! Cathy will you be able to take it?"

"..... I'll take it "

20 seconds later and I feel like death. I don't understand. I thought he loved me, this ... this Is not Love.

"FINAL ROUND! Someone will lose both their arms.!"

I stare at him for a while and look at Lisa. She begs me to take it but In the end I Let her take it.

"GOOD CHOICE! BYE LISA! "

He takes a saw and saws her arms off alive. Her Screams echo in my mind. And I take a decision to end it. I grab the knife he used and stab him in the neck repeatedly until the life leaves his eyes.

I lean against the wall and realise that God truly did not leave me so I said a praise of thanks.

"THANK YOU GOD😭 THANK YOU"

Book Is almost at a close. I'd like to thank you all that have been with me from the beginning of the book till this point. I am grateful for the support.!