8 - Dancer's Block

As it turns out, Hal and Lindsay were the first to go home this season. Since it's only the first elimination it hasn't really effected us.

It's now week three, and also our very first 'themed' show. Every season we try to come up with different themes, and this week just so happens to be 'Teenagers.' Things like love, relationships, growing up, and involvement with the wrong crowd.

It's obvious I don't know much about teenagers.

In all actuality, I can't compare myself to most teenagers because I'm not like most teenagers. I wasn't looking for love, I was looking for acceptance.

Either way, Harry and I are supposed to meet in an hour so I can show him the song and dance. Only one problem: I have no idea what song to do.

Harry and I are stuck doing the Charleston this week, which just so happens to be my worst put-together ever. I've always had to seek out for someone's help if I was ever stuck having to make the routine for this particular dance.

I would have called Louis or Derek, but I was too occupied on celebrating with Harry last night instead of planning for our next performance. He insisted, and I couldn't tell him no. Especially when he brought up the idea to do our little listening game again. He made me listen to Lady Antebellum.

_-_-_

"How long have you been dancing?" My friend asks after we walk from class. She's a short but perky girl who has helped me out with some of my footing on more complicated dances.

"Since I was really young. My friend and I used to dance all the time before I thought of doing it professionally." It's not exactly a lie.

"Well, you're pretty good on your feet. Contemporary seems like your best dance, skills wise."

"Would you believe me if I told you that's not the first time I've heard that?"

"Probably." We both laugh as we walk towards the bus stop. She needs to take the bus back to her home while I need to stop by at my apartment before heading off to my 'audition.'

The bench at the bus stop is nearly empty -  save one business woman and a man with a small toddler.

"Wait." She stops me by grabbing my arm, forcing me to face towards her. She studies me for a few seconds before saying, "You have really pretty eyes."

"That's not the first time I've heard that either." She smiles before turning to the upcoming bus.

"This is me. I'll see you tomorrow, Nicolette."

_-_-_

Harry smiles at me brightly before kissing my cheek. Ever since the middle of last week he insisted on greeting and saluting me with the simple form of affection. I hadn't let it bother me at the time; my mind wasn't capable of having those kinds of thoughts yet.

"Hey," I say, pushing him back lightly.

"Good morning,"

"It's not morning, you idiot."

He looks at his wrist where his nonexistent watch is facing upwards. "What? Since when?"

"Since like two hours ago."

"Hmm, I must have been too busy waiting on you to hurry up and get here that I lost track of time."

I roll my eyes. "I told you I wouldn't be arriving until 2. It's your own damn fault for showing up early."

"Well excuse me for being punctual." I roll my eyes again but don't reply. He ruffles my hair for a moment before asking, "What was our dance this week again?"