23 - News

I'm woken up by the feeling of warm, wet kisses to my neck as Harry shakes me from my peaceful slumber. My eyelashes flutter and I groan, trying to push him away so I can sleep for longer.

"Good morning," I feel him smiling as he presses and another kiss to my neck.

"Fuck off." I grumble, rolling away from him. My face is sticky after my tears last night and it makes me annoyed and embarrassed that I allowed myself to be so fragile around anyone. I know Harry has always wanted me to open up to him about myself, but this is another thing that I don't like anyone knowing anyway. Showing tears to someone shows off your vulnerability, something that they could later use to get back at you, or something to make them scared to be themselves around you.

I hate vulnerability.

I know that Harry would never use my personal problems against me, especially since he doesn't know the full story, but it's always been in my mind to not show such weakness. Another stupid moral that my parents taught me. "Big boys don't cry." Even though I don't define as a boy anymore, I guess it just stuck with me.

"What a wonderful ray of sunshine you are in the morning."

"You've known me long enough to know that mornings are my enemy. We have never and will never get along."

"You're also too dramatic in the morning."

I reach my hands up blindly to smack him, but he grabs them to stop me. I blink my eyes open and eye him up; he's hovering over my slightly, whilst still keeping some sort of distance.

See, this is what vulnerability does.

"Are you okay?"

"Have I ever told you how much I hate that question?"

"Why?"

"Because, no matter what you say, people will still think something is wrong. People say the number lie in the world is "I'm fine", which is true, but only because people ask that question in the first place. Don't ask it if you won't believe my answer."

"I'm sorry."

I sigh, sitting up and hugging him. He hugs back, holding me close. "You don't need to apologize, just know that there's no point in even asking if you know the answer already."

"Why do you think people always say "I'm fine" anyway? Why don't they tell the truth?"

"Because no one wants to burden other people with their problems. Even if they are a huge attention whore, telling someone the whole story takes way too long, and it wastes time. And any time that someone was telling the truth anyway, just knowing that you seem to be in a mood at all makes someone overthink everything and try to prove that they're not. Some people also get annoyed by the question and just answer that instead of complaining. I don't know."

It's silent for a little while, just the sound of our breathing can be heard in the room. Harry breaks the silence a few minutes later. "I like hearing how you feel and think about things."

"What?" I laugh slightly.

"You think so deeply about things and include every opinion you have in anything you say, which is really cool because a lot of people don't like telling people what they think of things. You're also straightforward, so if you think something is stupid, you will definitely say what you think."

"It's also called having no filter, you didn't have to sugar coat it." I reply. He shakes his head, getting up from the bed, which causes me to flop down on the bad again.

"Come on, grumpy-butt, let's get some food in you."

I follow on behind him. He leads me into the kitchen and allows me to lift up onto the counter.