13 - Behind Blue Eyes

"Why don't we do this one?" Harry asks, showing me the song he has playing on his laptop again.

"Battle Scars?"

"Yeah. There's not many hip-hop songs that I know, obviously." He shrugs, looking over my shoulder at my screen.

"Greg, any luck?" I look over at my brother who has come over to help us choose a song. Theo is upstairs sleeping.

"All these songs are either two slow for a hip-hop dance or not about the right topic. There is a song by Eminem, though." He turns his computer and shows me the lyrics that are showing on the screen of a YouTube video.

"Mockingbird," I say.

"Yeh. It's not that slow, but not that fast either. The only thing; it's not about teen suicide."

"Ugh," Harry groans, pulling his hair out from the bun it was in. "this is hard."

"Now you know how I feel every week." Harry rolls his eyes and goes back to searching.

"Nic, don't you have any kind of metal band that sing songs like this? They talk pretty fast in those songs." Greg suggests, closing his laptop and placing it on the table.

"I don't know, actually. The only bands I think would work would be System Of A Down or maybe Crown The Empire..." I browse the large history of metal bands that have any songs that would fit this theme description.

"Oh no. Not more. I can't take any more of that," Harry begs.

"I'll be sure to choose a metal band just to annoy you," I laugh at his begging face. He tries to look like a puppy by widening his eyes and pouting out his lower lip but it's not working on me.

"Hey! That's my face!" Theo's voice cuts through from Harry's stairwell. We all look over at the three year old who is pulling the exact same face as Harry is trying to master.

"Harry's pretty bad at is, isn't he?" I joke with the little boy. He looks over at Harry again and nods enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I'm the best!" Theo giggles adorably and I have to refrain from cooing.

"Hey," Harry fake whines, crossing his arms. "you hurt my feelings."

"Aww, I sorry." Theo bounds over and throws his arms around Harry as he begins to fake cry.

"It's okay. I'm sorry I stole your face." Harry wipes away his invisible tears ad picks the boy up in his arms.

"I'm taking it you're hungry?" Greg asks the boy who is now laughing because Harry is holding upside down by his feet.

"Yeah!" His giggles are so cute and I can't help but laugh too.

"What are you in the mood for, little man?" Harry asks him lightly. It's so obvious that he loves kids.

"Figgers!" He yells out. His face is red as he tries to crawl his way out of Harry's arms.

"What's that?" I stand up and pull the boy away from Harry. Theo sticks his tongue out at Harry and cuddles into my chest.

"He's talking about chicken nuggets from McDonald's. Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes!" Theo says and wiggles around in my arms. Harry stands up and places his hand on Theo's shoulder and subtly wraps his arm around my waist. I step closer to him and look at the little boy. Harry's eyes are locked on me but I pretend I didn't notice.

Theo stares up at us with a wide smile on his face. I don't hear Greg's quiet, "You look like a proper family." I didn't hear about the picture he took until he left back to Ireland.