19 - Casual

I try to shove his foot out from the doorway while continuing to push against the door, hiding myself away behind it. I don't know when Harry will arrive, but I know this would be quite a scene for his to arrive to. I'd rather him come around when my parents are gone already. Hopefully, according to my efforts to not even let them in the first place, that will be soon.

I also don't want my mood to change any for our date. It wouldn't cause a very good first dating impression with me brooding.

"Nicolette," Someone calls from outside the door. I know that neither of my parents would dare call me that, and I'm actually scared that Harry is already here. The voice was mumbles so I couldn't really tell if it was him or not.

I stop pushing on the door. My door swings back open and my dad stumbles in. "You know, I could report you for breaking and entering."

"We didn't break and enter." My mum starts, stepping into the doorway after my father and steadying him on his feet. Surprisingly, Meghan steps in after them, a guilty look on her face.

"You entered without permission, and you could have broken the door or damaged the wall if it hit the wall. You're damn lucky I have a door stopper." I glare at Meghan, shaking my head.

"Nic, I can explain--"

I shout out my first few words to make her stop talking, "I don't want to hear any bull shit you want to throw at me. Actually, I don't want to hear any of you; just leave."

"Nia--"

"What did I just fucking say? Leave." I glance at my television clock. Harry is probably going to arrive soon. "I have a date, and I don't want any of you intervening."

"You and Harry are dating? Finally!" Meghan smiles at me, but I just continue to glare. She sighs, "Look, I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"Why would you bring them here." I demand.

"I told you that they could learn to understand."

I scoff, "And it doesn't seem they have, now does it? They're still calling me Niall; I don't know what the exact definition of 'understanding' is, but I know it's nothing like that." I eye both my parents up with a hard look in my eye, trying to tell them without speaking that I still don't trust them.

"We've been here--"

"You're fucking kidding me."

My mum pipes up, "Niall, language."

"No. You don't get to chastise me for my language." I snap, pointing my index finger at her with a bent elbow.

"Nic, please. We arrived here back when the season started..." Meghan begins.

"We've been watching you on the show." My dad adds with a tiny smile. "We never knew how good of a dancer you were."

"Yeah, well you never cared enough to get me trained because it was 'too girly for a boy to learn'."

"When you asked to learn, we thought you meant things like ballet and gymnastics."

"You were dead fucking wrong, now weren't you?"

"Niall, stop it. We're sorry, okay?" I don't care to figure out who said, it because right after I heard 'Niall' being uttered again, I walked away.

"If you're truly sorry, call me by my real name."

"We just did." I can hear a slap noise, and look behind me to see Meghan with her hand to her forehead and shaking her head.

"No, you didn't, and you haven't ever since you've arrived. If you can't, then you can get out of my flat, and hopefully my life, forever."