14 - Switch

The next night, Roseanne and Keo have been kicked off. It was kind of expected since they have been closer to the bottom of the leader board ever since the season started.

At the end of the night, all the remaining couples - there's now eight of us - are brought out on stage for the seasonal "Switch-Up Night". A few years ago, the manager wanted the viewers to get more active in the show so the team got together and thought up the idea to have the Stars switch with a different dancer due to fan favourite request. I have a feeling who I will be stuck with for the next week and who Harry will be with too.

I haven't told Harry about this Switch Up Night only because I knew he would hate the idea of it. Everyone knows how fond he is of me and they all joke that he would go ape-shit crazy if someone even attempted to try and dance with me. I just laughed it off but I didn't deny it, mostly because I knew it was true.

Harry sends me a confused face when they huddle everyone up to bring us out on stage for the last time that night. I just smile sheepishly and link our arms together while following behind the couple in front of us.

The pairings go by fast. Mitch and Jack switch partners while Amy and Lorde switch partners. Demi and Zoe switch, followed by Harry and Zayn. Harry is furious, I can just tell by the way he walks over to Peta. I smile a little uneasily as Zayn wraps his arm around me from behind and places his head on my shoulder. I'm only about an inch shorter than him - a weird difference between mine and Harry's four inch height difference.

After the show ends, Harry stalks up to me. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" He demands. I just shrug while picking up my phone and charger to take home. Zayn is on the other side of the room, also collecting his things to take home with him.

"I didn't find it important to mention." I ignore his harsh tone. Harry grabs my hand and pulls me a bit so I will face toward him, which I eventually do after I check my phone for a notification. I don't have any which makes me lock my phone and stuff it into my sweatshirt pocket.

"Hey, Nicolette." Zayn's voice sounds from a few feet away. He's walking up to me with a smirk as he eyes Harry up. Harry glares at him and steps closer to me, placing his hand at the bottom of my back. "I was wondering if you wanted to get to the studio early tomorrow morning to discuss what our dance should be? Our theme is Jive..."

"Yeah, that's when. When in the morning?"

"Whenever you're ready." Zayn's phone chimes in his pocket and he pulls it out for a second. "That's my cue to leave. I'm looking forward to our week together." As if Harry murdering him with his eyes wasn't enough, Zayn lifts my hand and places a gentle peck to the knuckle. He rubs his fingers over the cool spot to make it warm again before dropping my hand and heading away from us.

I turn back towards Harry who is shooting sniper bullets at him from his eyes. "Hey, calm down. It's only for a week." I try to make him feel better by standing in front of him and tilting his head to look at me. His eyes are still hard but I can physically see his face softening as he looks at me.

"If he continues like that, he won't make it through the week." Harry grumbles. I roll my eyes and pull him into a hug. He gasps a little because I'm usually not the one to initiate things like this, but hugs me back after a few moments of just me patting his back.

Both his arms are places heavily around me as his shoulders sag onto my own. He curls into my while still standing upright and I have trouble holding almost all his body weight. My neck cranks so I can rest my head on his shoulder comfortably. I look out at any of the remaining couples left. Louis and Liam have joined up a bit to share a few things about their Stars with each other. Louis is staring directly at me as Liam side glances with a small smile.