25 - Uncomfortable

By the time I was able to watch the show for the last week, Harry has already been eliminated. I feel bad, but I know that's what he was hoping would happen since he didn't plan on dancing with anyone else. I didn't catch which dance they did, or what score that got. I just wish he hadn't have given up. I was really hoping he would make it to the end and win.

Luckily, Zayn didn't win, which I know would make Harry happy. He came in second place, and Louis & Demi came in first place. I'll have to call up Louis tell congratulate him and Demi for doing so well.

I've only been back home for a week, and I already hate it. My parents haven't changed much around the house, and my room looks exactly the same as it did when I left. All of the clothes in my closet are too small to fit me, but my mother told me that we would be going shopping after church on Sunday. Until then, I have to wear a lot of Greg's old clothes.

It's currently 3 A.M. on Wednesday, the first day since the show ended. My parents are sleeping in their room, while I'm just scrolling through my computer. I kinda want to start a new Netflix series, just so I have a reason to stay in my room more. I spend most of my time alone anyway, but at least I can avoid going downstairs as much as I can and prolong my sit-ins.

Ever since I've arrived, I haven't really known what to do. Ireland has much less to do compared to California. It's easy to notice that I've been gone for a bit, because everyone's accents are pretty thick compared to mine. It's even harder to fit in now than it was 7 years ago when I was realizing everything about myself.

I've stayed up all night until I can hear my get up to make herself coffee. To avoid them even more, I usually end up sleeping while they're awake, which is exactly what I plan on doing right now.

_-_-_

"Niall, wake up, please." My father rips the covers off my body, letting the cool air into my cocoon. The weather is pretty cold now, so it's understandable, and my parents barely notice the cold as much as I do.

"What?" I rub my eyes and turn over, facing away from him.

"We were planning on going out for lunch, and we want you to come." My eyes open slightly, hoping that I remembered to close my curtains last night so the light outside doesn't seep in.

I groan and reach for my covers. "I just fell asleep."

He pulls them farther away from me. "Your mum came in here at 5 and told me that you were sleeping already. If that's when you just fell asleep, then you've had plenty of sleep by now. C'mon, Ni, it's nearly 2 P.M."

Fine." I know that he's not gonna go away, so I might as well agree.

"Thank you." He leaves my room, cracking the door to give me some privacy to get ready. At least they respect that part of me.

I know that if I wear something too 'girly', they'll make me change. Instead, I go for a gender-neutral outfit, consisting of a light grey jumper, black jeans, and some Vans. Not my best outfit, but it'll do.

"Niall, something came in the mail for you." My mother calls to me when I've reached the last three steps.

I know already that it's probably just the studio sending me my last paycheck for working this season. I know it won't be enough to be able to find a place on my own, especially since I don't have any other source of income now, but it's a start. Thankfully, I got a college diploma when I went to University in America, so that gives me some opportunity for finding something here.

I don't open the mail; instead, I just take it and run it up to my room to be opened later.

We leave shortly after that. The restaurant we go into isn't familiar to me, so it must have been built recently. My parents prove my theory when they tell me that it was built tow years after I left, and it became their favourite place to go when they didn't feel like cooking. I'm not sure how often that is, but it must be pretty often, because the waitress we have knows both my parents by their first and last names.