Pt5-Hunting Trip*

Yet to be checked for errors. Feel free to point them out for me.
——————————————————
It had been a few months or so since Arthur had taken on Merlin as his servant and it was safe to say the man managed to keep up.

Yes, he'd made many mistakes but he wasn't completely awful. He was witty for one, confident and had a stubborn tone to him that you couldn't help but like. And although Arthur tried his very best to push away the feelings that had blossomed in the few months he'd been in Merlin's presence, he couldn't help the fluttery burst of joy that would light up his heart when his servant burst through the door in the mornings.

This morning being one of those.

Arthur rolled around in his bed, a dazed sleepy state enclosing him within his quilt. The signature slam of a tray he'd first hated echoed through the room, signalling the entrance of Merlin.

"Rise and shine!" he quipped causing  Arthur to smile into his pillow.

The blonde rolled over watching as Merlin bustled around the room, scooping up rogue tunics and socks.

Arthur covered his eyes when Merlin pulled open the curtains in one fell swoop.

"Merlin..." Arthur groaned, he wasn't necessarily always happy when the servant woke him up so aggressively.

The man in question then threw a tunic at Arthur's face, it blocking his line of sight.

"Merlin!" Arthur's complained, pulling away the shirt.

"What? You need to get up Arthur," Merlin complained, like an exhausted mother dragging around her three year old.

When the king didn't move from his bed Merlin sighed, stomping over to his bedside and flinging the covers back.

"GeT- uP," Merlin grabbed at Arthur's arms, physically pulling him from the mattress, managing fairly well against the defensive King.

"We haven't got time for this," he mumbled while the King adjusted to being on his feet.

"I dislike you," Arthur spat, a childish frown on his face.

"Yep, and you can't function without me," Merlin responded smoothly, remaking the bed and scooting around Arthur to the wardrobe.

Arthur smirked, watching as Merlin practically got engulfed by the wardrobe in his mission for a nice shirt.

He pulled something out, inspected it and nodded to himself. Merlin motioned for Arthur to come closer and took the shirt off of the hook, placing it back in the wardrobe.

"Y'know it would make both of our lives a whole lot easier if you did this yourself?"

"I can't do it myself," Arthur complained.

"Yeah, I'd grasped that from the very first day when you struggled tying your laces," Merlin laughed, letting out an "absolute prat," on the end.

Arthur scoffed, "a what?"

Merlin's eyes flickesd up, the shirt beginning to loosen in his grasp.

Rather than arguing and causing himself a large pile of embarrasment, Merlin just sighed, "you heard me" before stepping towards Arthur and fiddling with the shirt again.

Merlin knew Arthur had caught on to his feelings, it became obvious a few weeks back when Arthur would tease him in the mornings. Such as he almost managed to do just now. He'd find a way to fluster the other and enjoyed himself while doing it, Merlin would often see Arthur smirking to himself when he'd retreat back to the wardrobe and recollect his bearings. It'd gotten to the point where Merlin would have to think through what he was to say in order to make sure Arthur didn't do it.