Pt11-News Spreads*

Yet to be checked for errors. Feel free to point them out to me.
____________________

Merlin's smile dropped as soon as he had left the room. The man hadn't slept a wink since the lake and was already feeling the weight of exhaustion on his shoulders. If that wasn't enough, the worry that he'd slip up and let his magic out was blossoming as a fear in his head. He spent the majority of his time with Arthur as it was, if he were to spend an even bigger section of the day with him then it'd be a hundred times harder to keep his magic a secret.

The servant rounded the corner, travelling down the steps with a sluggish form. He soon reached the kitchens and swooped up Arthur's breakfast, having taken a few extra grapes to shovel down his gullet. When he re-entered Arthur's room the king had gotten out of bed and was arranging the bed covers. Merlin's eyebrows rose in shock as he slid the tray onto the dining table.

"What on Earth has possessed you?" he joked, grasping the pitcher and pouring them both drinks.

"I was being helpful," Arthur remarked, sauntering over and sitting down.

Merlin hummed, taking a sip from his goblet. Arthur began to eat his breakfast, still clothed in yesterday's garments. Between mouthfuls he spoke, "so what's on today?"

The servant narrowed his eyes in thought, "erm...training in about half an hour, and then discussing patrol routes in the afternoon. An easy day in reality."

Nodding, Arthur gulped down the remainders of his drink before pushing his tray away. Merlin was on his feet in seconds, skating over to the wardrobe and carefully choosing today's outfit. As usual, the servant chose something that complemented the King's body and called him over. Arthur skirted across the room, his arms swung by his side.

Soon after the blonde was dressed Merlin clasped the armour to his body. They then walked down to the training grounds where Merlin, out of the blue, claimed he needed to speak to Gaius and fled back to the castle. He wasn't lying of course, he hadn't seen the man this morning but he did have things he desperately needed to discuss with him.

Merlin skirted back through the castle, narrowly missing servants and guards. He climbed the boundless sents of stairs before pushing into the old man's chambers and gliding over to the bench. Merlin slumped down in a chair and dropped his head in his arms.

He felt the bench sink and a warm hand came to his shoulder, "what happened?"

Gaius had of course been anxious all morning, while yes Merlin did often go wondering off in the night he'd either be back in the morning or leave a note. Merlin had done neither of these things. The physician had also been annoyed at the servant,  we'll up until he walked into the room.

Merlin shook his head, finally rising from the comfort of his forearms. He sent Gaius a small smile, blinking slowly and shifting his leg over the bench.

"I'm going to tell you a naked truth and it's a lot to take in," Merlin murmured, knowing already he could tell Gaius anything and everything on his mind.

"Me and Arthur are going out, we'll I say going out. I think we are atleast," he scoffed.

Gaius hummed not suprised. Merlin gave him a sideways glance, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I guessed as much," Gaius mumbled.

Merlin just shook his head in disbelief. Of course he knew.

"But that's not the issue, is it?" Gaius pressed. Merlin shook his head, raking a hand through his hair.

"I can't lead him on," Merlin breathed out, letting his head fall limp.

He's Only My Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें