Pt-15 A lifetime of Memories

I DONT OWN MERLIN

I got some lounging pants today and oh my lordy lord has my life changed for the better.
last chapter I think. If I end up dragging it on then so be it.
~~~~~~~~~~ these represent a massive time skip

------------

MERLIN POV:

It's been atleast three months now since Arthur decided to lift the ban on magic and people have taken well to it. Not many do freely practice it in Camelot as it still seems unreal but I've noticed an increased number of druids freely walking about the lower towns and citadel. A lot has changed since that day and I'd like to say it's for the better. For some reason though Arthurs been tense today and I plan on asking him.

As this thought goes through my mind an obviously agitated Arthur strolls through the door "Hey, are you okay Arthur?" He seems slightly taken aback by my sudden question but quickly brushes it off. "oh, erm yes I actually came here to ask you something" He became serious and Walked closer to me "Merlin, I've been thinking about this for a while and I'd like for you to become the court Warlock for Camelot. It would be extremely helpful to know more about the ways of magic and I'm sure you're more than capable of showing the people it's abilities" I stood stunned staring at Arthur

did he really just ask me that? I stuttered before speaking very quickly "ofcourse! I'd love that, I mean only if you see it as the best possible way to handle the new law, I wouldn't want to get in the way or seem a burden" I refrained from speaking any longer and breathed in a much needed load of air. "Right, well then it's sorted. I appoint you Court Warlock. We shall tell the court later on" he smiled at me gleefully and brought me into a bear hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ARTHUR POV:

Ive been courting Merlin for a few years now and it's been the best time of my life. When we addressed the court of Merlin's position I decided to announce our relationship aswell, it was taken very well which still makes me proud to this day, i remember it very well "Merlin is my partner and the love of my life which is why I know I can trust him with this position" i play over that memory countless times a day even now. This brings me to now.

Merlin took on the role well and became very popular among the people of Camelot due to his lovable personality. I've decided over quite sometime that we've reached another milestone in our relationship and this is the right time to ask that question. Im brought back to reality by the door to my chambers opening "Arthur?" I fumble with the ring in my hands before slipping it back into its pouch and into my pocket. "Ah perfect timing, are you busy Merlin?"

He thought for a moment "nope, I'm free for the rest of the day" "okay great come on" I pull him out the room and into the lower towns before leading us back to the lake we first confessed our feeling to eachother at. I motioned for him to follow me to the tree we sat at before and held my hands out for him to hold. He got the memo and quickly reached his own out.

"Merlin" I paused "I love you with all my heart and I want to thank you for what you've done for me, you've made me a better man" I stop to look into his eyes, I can see a grin forming at the edge of his mouth "youve taught me so much in the time we've known eachother and I can't even begin to tell you of the amazing impact you've had on my life in general"

I pulled the ring from my pocket and knelt down "you, Merlin are my once and future love and I wouldn't change that for the world" I swallowed back my fear "and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so Merlin Balinorson. Will you marry me?" I looked up at him to see a massive smile plastered across his face "YES".

Before I could process anything he had thrown himself into my arms and starting giggling excitedly. I pulled away and pushed the ring onto his finger "I love you" "I love you too, DollopHead"