Chapter 7

In the moments leading up to the announcement of who would be the next democratic nominee for President of the United States, Jack was actually calm. And everything was falling into place in Bobby's mind.

He watched as his brother sat with Jackie. Him reading his acceptance speech to her as she pretended to ignore him for her phone, but glancing at him every few minutes when he wasn't looking at her. It was perfect.

"Did you hear?" Jean whispered in her brother's ear as she peeked over his shoulder to spy on the exes.

"No...what?" He murmured.

"Joan and Ted had the room across from Jack's. Apparently they could hear Jack in the hall and Ted peeked out. Jack and Jackie about fell into his room all over each other. And then that whore of Jack's stormed out."

Bobby's eyes widened. "And Jackie?"

"She left a few minutes later. But she was kissing him! She still loves him!"

Bob nodded. "Oh I know. Hey...have you really really looked at her daughter?"

"Caroline? Yes. She's not Onassis'."

"You know that for a fact?!?"

She shook her head. "No. But she's a damn near good Kennedy model."

Before Bob could respond, Jackie and Jack came to them, both smiling.

"You two ready?"

Jack nodded. "Whenever it's time."

Bob smiled. "Alright. Jackie. Come with me."