Chapter 18

In an effort to protect Jackie and Caroline not only from Aristotle Onassis' wrath as they quickly divorced but also from the prying eyes of the press the Kennedys tucked the two away at a home in Palm Beach. It meant that Jackie ended up missing Jack being elected and the inauguration but she enjoyed the time she had with Jack away from all of the craziness that would follow them. 

Three weeks after becoming President Jack called a press conference outside of his home in Palm Beach. When all the press had arrived Jack with a now very obviously pregnant Jackie began to speak with Bobby standing off to the side holding Caroline.

"Eh, I thank you all for coming on such short notice. I wanted to annouce to the American people that after many months of trials and tribulations along with happiness and love, my ex-wife Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and I have rekindled the romance we had so many years ago. Jacqueline and I share a three year old daughter, Caroline and are expecting our first son in a few short months. We will be remarrying on Valentine's Day in a ceremony that we will share with you all in Newport, Rhode Island. No further comments."

The press all began shouting questions at the couple as Jack took Jackie's hand and led her back into the house followed closely by Bob and Caroline.