Chapter 19

"William and Kate have nothing on this wedding!" The newscasters laughed as footage of Jack and Jackie's wedding played on every channel across the United States on the evening of February 14th. The couple had permitted the wedding to be videotaped with the promise that it would be aired that evening and that promise had been kept.

While all of America held fancy viewing parties, imagining the reception full of splendor that had to be happening at the White House at that moment, in reality the bride and groom were cuddled up under the covers of their bed with the wedding dress hastily thrown nearby on the floor.

Jackie lay with her head on Jack's chest as they watched the coverage. "I don't understand why they are so fascinated by us."

He chuckled as he played with a lock of her hair. "You tell me."

As footage of Jack's vows to not only Jackie but also little Caroline played the newscasters broke in. "We certainly don't want to take away from this joyous occasion. But the man who once called himself the husband of Jacqueline Kennedy has been arrested. Charged with domestic abuse following an investigation into charges that had been filed by Mrs. Kennedy some months ago."

Jackie sat up and met Jack's eyes. "He can't ruin anything else for us."

He smiled widely. "That is probably the best wedding present, I could have ever gotten, Jacqueline."

She laughed and nodded. "I suppose so. We're...we're finally living the life we were supposed to have."