One.

LaceyCross_x

LaceyCross_x

Back in business

Liked by; sasha_rebecca, dandanadams, laurenfryer_ and 15,038 others

Laurenfryer_ - I'm so glad youre back 💙
Sasha_Rebecca- I smell a girls night out 💙
Dandanadams - Leo can't wait for hugs!

"Lace!" Ben shouted, as he stood up from the seat he was sitting in and ran to the younger girl, hugging her tight, not wanting to let her go, it was well over a year since he was able to hug her. "Chilly" Lacey laughed, as she placed her arms around him, bringing him in a little tighter. "Aye, my turn" Callum mumbled, as he pushed Ben out of the way, and pulled his younger sister in for a hug, again holding her a little tighter than he needed, but knowing it was something they both needed. "How you feeling?" Callum whispered, as Lacey nodded her head, pulling back from the hug. "Tired, jet lagged, but i'm really feeling a bottle of cheap wine" Lacey smiled, as she walked over to the table, Jack and Sasha standing up and pulling her into a group hug, both of them muttering how much they had missed her and was glad that she was now home again.

"Hey" Lacey breathed, as she sat down next to Mason, him smiling at her. "Hey" Mason breathed back, as the table got engaged in conversation about the World Cup, and how they were excited for England to bring it home this time around, the table oblivious to the other conversations that were happening.
"I tried to call" Mason whispered, as her nursed the bottle of beer, Lacey looking over at him through her eyelashes. "I got a new phone" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head, his lips together. "Wasn't important enough to get your new number?" Mason smirked, as Lacey rolled her eyes, but was thankful for the gods above that this wasn't awkward like she thought it would be. "I come to Wembley" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "Lauren said, I was a bit gutted you didn't stick around" Mason whispered, as he took a swig from his bottle, also thanking heaven above that it wasn't awkward, but he also assumed it was because it was the alcohol he had consumed knowing she was coming. "I think we both just needed space and time to be able to be civil" Lacey stated, as Mason nodded his head. "I think we could of been civil either way, we both cared about each other and we have the same friendship group" Mason stated, as Lacey nodded her head. "Well you still have your ankles and you're still playing, congratulations on the new title of captain by the way" Lacey smiled, as Mason smiled wider at her. "Oh, Jack deffo tried to take me out on a couple of occasions, england camp was very eventful" Mason smiled, "and captain, it's a dream come true" Mason finished with the cheesy smile he was known for. "But, what about you, awards and events, you've really done yourself proud, we're all proud of you" Mason smiled. "I'm proud of you" he breathed, as Lacey nodded her head, smiling at him. "See, look at what we've achieved" Lacey smiled, as Mason nodded his head looking at his hands on his lap briefly. "It's been a wild year" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head, finally taking a sip of the wine that was in front of her. "A wild year indeed" Lacey whispered.

Lacey wasn't entirely sure how she ended up back at Declan and Lauren's, Mason, Jack and Sasha surrounding her on the floor as they sat there trying to play uno, half intoxicated by the alcohol they had consumed. "I really need to go to bed" Lacey mumbled, as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, struggling to stay awake. "I'll drop you back" Mason stated, as Lacey shook her head. "I'll get a taxi, we've all had a drink" Lacey mumbled, as she stood up, but fell down onto Masons lap, the footballer giving her his signature smirk. "Falling for me?" Mason whispered, as Lacey shook her head giggling. "I'm having deja vu" Lacey mumbled, as she looked up into his eyes, and for a moment, even just a brief moment, it felt like it was just them two in the living room, their friends fading into the background as she stared into his eyes. "You can both stay here yano, we do have spare rooms" Lauren laughed, as Lacey pulled her eyes away from Masons. "You sure you don't mind?" Lacey whispered, as Lauren shook her head. "No, stay, we can all go for breakfast tomorrow" Lauren smiled, as Lacey nodded her head. "I'll get you some joggers and you can go to bed if you want" Declan smiled, as he stood up, being probably one of the most sober ones out of the group, and running up the stairs to sort some clothes out for Lacey. "Night guys, thanks for a really good one" Lacey smiled, as the group smiled at her, watching her walk up the stairs.

"I'm so glad she's back" Jack mumbled, as Sasha nodded her head, agreeing with her boyfriend. "Do you think she'll stick around?" Lauren whispered, as their eyes fell on Mason who was deep in thought, playing attention to the conversation happening around him, but thinking about everything that had happened. "I'd like to be a reason why she would stay" Mason whispered, as Declan entered the room. "I want to be the reason she would stay" Mason whispered, as the group smiled at each other.
"Just don't fuck it up this time" Jack mumbled.

Authors Note;

The trilogy that some wanted, I had decided to do a short story on Declan and Lauren's wedding, but why not add a little Lacey and Mason into it.
This won't be as long as the others, and it'll be posted as I write.. (works hectic as usual)
I'm well aware that the timing of this book the World Cup could of already happened, but I wanted to incorporate it into it.
So here's to the third part of the series; I shall call it; the one nobody wanted 😂