Fifty Four

Sasha_Rebecca via stories

"Can we talk?" Mason whispered in Lacey's ear, as he leant over the sofa to wrap his arms around his girlfriend, smiling at her friends. "Oh, this is Mia and Amber, obviously you know Mase" Lacey smiled. "Oh I know who they are, I've been around for the FaceTimes" Mason laughed as he smiled at them. "and of course we know who you are" Mia teased him, smiling at him, as Amber laughed nodding her head.
"Oh by the way Mums down, I literally told her and she rang Callum to go and get her" Lacey smiled, as Mason smiled at her, it was only a small smile, knowing that Lacey had ignored the question of wanting to talk. "How did she take it?" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head smiling. "She took it well, I think she's just happy" Lacey smiled, as Mason smiled kissing the top of her head. "I need to talk to you" Mason whispered again, as Lacey finally nodded her head, the sinking feeling filling her stomach and her chest feeling tighter, knowing that this was probably going to end the way she had imagined in her head a million times in the studio. Lacey whispered she would only be a minute to her friends, as she shooed her away, giving her a thumbs up as she walked up the stairs with Mason, who was tugging on her hand making her laugh. "Anyone would think you want me alone" Lacey giggled, but she soon stopped when saw his face, realising how tired and worn out he looked, and she didn't feel that training was the reason for it. "Are you okay?" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head, before sighing and shaking it.
"I need to be honest with you" Mason whispered, as Lacey shook her head. "If you're going to break my heart please don't, I don't think I could take it" Lacey whispered, as she sat on the corner of the bed, mason sighing and sitting in front of her, holding her hand, or trying to, when she saw the pain in Masons eyes she focused on the floor, knowing that the conversation was heading in the way she thought it was. "It was a mistake, I was drunk" Mason whispered, as Lacey shook her head, standing up and looking down at him, shaking her head repeatedly until she felt dizzy. "Cheating isn't a mistake Mase" Lacey whispered, as Mason sighed, nodding his head agreeing with what she was saying. "You kissed Chloe didn't you" Lacey whispered, as she watched him nod his head. "Before or after I told you" Lacey whispered. "Before" Mason whispered back, his eyes not meeting hers.

"I was drunk when it happened Lace" Mason mumbled as he ran a hand through his hair. "We was probably drunk when you put a baby in me, does it mean that's a mistake as well?" Lacey mumbled back, the anger filling her body, trying not to be loud, but knowing this would end in an argument anyway, as Mason looked at her, his expression going cold, his jaw clenched as he bit his lip, trying not to bite back to her comment. "You know that's not true Lace" Mason whispered, as he walked towards her, Lacey not having the energy to argue back with him anymore. "You cheated on me whilst I had a panic attack" Lacey whispered. "A panic attack caused by her" Lacey whispered, as the tears lined her eyes. "Please don't do this" Mason whispered. "My friends are downstairs" Lacey mumbled, as she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm not arguing with you whilst they're here" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "Can we please talk about this later?" Mason whispered. "We will talk when I'm ready to talk Mason, feel free to go and kiss someone else whilst you wait, sorry I'm not enough" Lacey muttered, as Mason sighed to himself, pulling her into him and holding her face, placing his lips to hers, as Lacey melted into the kiss, all of the anger from before going away, like it was never there in the first place. "I don't want to kiss anyone else, ever again, just you" Mason whispered against her lips, as he looked into her eyes. "It was a mistake and I promise hand on heart, I'll never do it again" Mason whispered, as Lacey sighed nodding her head, she couldn't stay mad at him, even if she tried. "You're not forgiven though" Lacey mumbled, as Mason sighed nodding his head. "We will talk later" Mason whispered, as he placed a kiss to the top of her head. "I love you Lacey Louise" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head, not having the heart to say it back, as she smiled at him briefly before heading back down the stairs to her friends in the lounge. "Food?" Lacey muttered, as she pulled her coat on, Mia and Amber looking at each other, nodding their heads. "Food" they smiled.

As Lacey pulled her shoes on, Mason stood in the doorway, his eyes red and puffy from crying, leaning against the doorway, like he usually did when he would watch her do her make up or her hair, or even sit at the piano singing, but the look he gave her this time wasn't just full of love, it was full of guilt and pain, his face laced heartbreak.
Lacey sighed to herself once she had her shoes on and walked over to him, putting a hand to his face, which he used his own hand to hold there, looking down into her piercing green eyes, knowing that they were darker because of him. "Will we be okay?" Mason whispered, as Lacey looked down at the ground, her hand still to his face. "This is going to take time" Lacey whispered, as she let her hand fall from his face, his hand following hers as he held it loosely at her side. "Promise me you'll be careful out?" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head. "I'll see you later" Lacey whispered, as Mason watched her walk out of the place they called home, and as she walked she felt his heart break a little more at the deep thought that she wouldn't come back through the door.