Thirteen

LaceyCross_x

LaceyCross_x

An oldie 👌🏻

Liked by; sasha_rebecca, laurenfryer_, jackgrealish and 17,736 others

Comments for this post are turned off

"Right quick five and then we're back to drills" one of the coaches stated, as Declan and Mason collapsed on the floor by the goal, Ben and Jack laughing at them as they jogged over. "I forgot that endless takeaways was not the way to return here" Declan mumbled, as he sat up, drinking from the water bottle, his eyes almost popping out of his head at how cold the liquid inside was. "I think we're getting old bro" Mason mumbled, as Jack bent over laughing at him. "Yeah, I'm sure" Jack mumbled, as he sat on the ground, Reece James and Phil Foden coming over to join them.
"How do you guys do it man? I literally just want to be at home with Loz" Declan mumbled, as he pulled his phone out from his bag and began to look through the messages from Lauren with things he was missing out on, she never wanted to upset him, if anything she wanted him to be his happiest and she knew football was a top contender for that, she never thought that sending him a photo of Raffa with his jersey number on a bandanna would upset him. "I think it's harder when you have kids" Phil whispered, as he pulled his own phone out, showing them a photo that Becca had sent him of Ronnie, kicking a ball around in the garden, the text message saying 'just like his daddy'. "It's never bothered me this much, it's just I feel like I should be with her" Declan mumbled, as his fingers flew across his phone screen, typing a message back to her.
"I get what you're saying, but I think in years to come I'll be able to sit with my kids in the garden and be like, this is the year I won the World Cup" Reece states, as Mason nodded his head, thinking back to the thought that he could of been telling his child that this year, Phil also nodding his head, wanting nothing more than to be able to tell Ronnie that daddy helped bring it home. "I think it's just the thought that at the end of all of this I'll be waiting at the end of an isle" Declan whispered, the full fact and thought of him getting married at the end of all of this returning to his mind, the wedding nerves clouding over his mind, as he finished his text, sending it, locking his phone and placing it back in his bag. "And you'll be a married man bro" Mason smiled, as Declan gave him a halfhearted smile back, he wanted to marry Lauren, it was always in his plan, always in his future, there's nothing else he wanted more, so why now did he feel like his head was going to explode from saying the two words of; I do.
"Right, cmon then lads, fall in" Harry Kane shouted, as the smaller group looked over at their skipper, seeing him clap his hands. "It's coming home alright" Jack muttered, as Phil laughed at his comment. "It's coming home" Phil smiled, as the group heading into the middle of the pitch.
"You alright?" Mason whispered to Declan, as he looked over at his best friend, nodding his head, Mason knew there was more to it, but also knew not to press too much on the pitch, that they both needed to focus.
Part of Mason felt a little guilty that he hadn't pulled his own phone out and messaged Lacey, his mind drifting slightly to what she would of been doing whilst he was running around a football pitch, he assumed she would be in a room somewhere writing and singing to her hearts content, and the thought made him smile to himself.

Meanwhile, in London, Lacey sat in the middle of the recording studio, the keyboard on the floor in front of her, as she looked around the room at all the scrambled notes on the floor, she had one problem and that was that she had no motivation to write, she was completely uninspired to write.
As her hands stopped drifting across the keyboard, she found herself reading through her old comments on her photos on Instagram, re-reading and re-reading everything mean that's had even been written on them, her eyes scanning and re-scanning comments, anger and upset filling her body, but it sparked something inside her to write something, even if she felt it wasn't worthy of a song.

On the surface, everything's just fine, but nervous doesn't describe what's going on behind them eyes, it's just too easy to fake a smile, but you got my heartbeat on repeat, going about a hundred thousand miles

Lacey let the words pour out of her mouth, her hands dancing along the keys as her phone lay recording on a voice note, her emotion that she has held in over the last year finally pouring out of her and if she could only get one good song she would take it, wanting nothing more than to feel like she was back where she belonged.

I wish I could just let you go, but the truth is you're all I've ever known, you're an infection, a medicine, just numbs my brain, I'm doing anything and everything to feel normal again, what's normal again, cause

Lacey let her fingers stop, as she sighed to herself and looked at Alex who had walked through the door. "Finally writing again then?" Alex whispered, as Lacey nodded her head. This was the first time she had seen Alex since half a year ago, he wanted to spend more time with Tallia and it had caused Lacey's head to spin. "I'm glad" Alex smiled. "But I've got some news" he muttered, running a hand through his hair.

Authors Note;
How have both of the previous books got over 30,000 reads exactly?! I'm literally smiling like an idiot whilst I'm at work.
However, after 10pm tonight I break up for a couple of days, so in between my birthday celebrations I shall be posting.. a lot!
Thank you all for everything you do! ❤️