Chapter 14 (Saviour)

Jennie's POV

I stayed two more days at my aunt's house. My mom waited for the guy to wake up to at least apologize. The guy couldn't remember anything but he kept saying something about a person wearing all black. My mother had to tell everyone that there was no one else in the area except us and the guy might be drunk to think there was someone else. Thank goodness the guy didn't charge my mother with anything but he seems like he was worried about something else.

"Whoo...thank goodness we saw that guy first. Other people could've easily run over him or just passed by him." My mom said as she drank the tea that her sister made for her.

"You're going home already?" Aunt Taehee asked.

"Yeah...I still have work. Mmm...Jennie." My mom handed something black to me. "I didn't know you're into that kind of style. I thought it was the guy's at first but he told me it's not his. He also kind of freaked out when he saw it."

Kind of style? I undid the folding of the cloth and examined it. Y/n's coat. I sighed and threw it at the side angrily.

"What?"

"What?" I harshly asked.

"Why did you throw your coat?" Aunt Taehee asked.

Oh...damn. I snapped back to reality and I stood up to pick it up again. "I...I thought I was in my room." I faked a laugh. "I'm sorry."

--

We immediately went home as soon as my mom finished celebrating her sister's birthday even though it's late already and just for a short while. We just really ate lunch and talked a little because the real celebration was two days ago.

"Take care of the house, alright."

"You're going to work already?" I asked.

"Yeah. I can't be gone for too long, Jennie. Take care, okay?"

I forced a smile and nodded. "Take care." I watched the car drive away from our street before I came inside the house. I took a deep shower first and finally laid on my bed. I stared at Y/n's coat hanging at the back of my desk chair.

"I hate you so much." I said to the jacket. I then stared at the snow outside until my eyes were too tired to keep open.

I don't think it's been long since I fell asleep but I immediately woke up when I heard a sound coming from below. I controlled my breathing, trying not to make any noise. Is there someone else in the house? I tried to hear the faint sound coming from downstairs. When I heard a louder sound once more, I snapped and took the lamp shade next to my bed and opened my bedroom door.

Of all the days this could happen, it's when I am alone in the house. I guess this is for the better because I don't think my mother even has the strength to fight and that will be worse. I silently walked my way towards the stairs and took soundless steps on it. All the lights were turned off so it was too difficult for me to examine the place. I could only rely on the moon's light through the windows.

I heard something moving in the kitchen so I went there but before I could take another step, I realized that the main door was open. I could feel my heart thumping loud and hearing it on my ears. Someone's actually in the house. I slowly closed it so whoever it is will find it difficult to get out. I also moved a light object in front of the door so they would trip if they tried to make a run towards it.

I continued to walk towards the kitchen when a hand appeared on my side and grabbed my arm harshly, pulling me to the corner and hiding both of us. Whoever this person is, they covered my mouth to keep me quiet. I was freaking out until I heard the voice.